Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Century Club / Geocaching Milestones

General Chit-Chat.
Snurt
MGS Director

Post by Snurt »

Lots of milestones here of a sudden, and in the dead of winter as well. I guess dedicated cachers are like the carriers of the U.S. Mail. Congrats to Each You.
kb3jrj
MGS Member

KB3JRJ @ 200+

Post by kb3jrj »

I passed through the 200 mark while out this week on a quick run through the southern part of Hagerstown. I believe that #200 was Steak & Cheese #3 GCYCNJ. Thanks!
Regards,

Dave KB3JRJ
Frederick MD
Snurt
MGS Director

Post by Snurt »

Congrats to You - kb3jrj. That's a lot of cachng in short time. Looking forward to meeting you.
Bocco
MGS Member

Post by Bocco »

:smt023 WTG kb3jrj!!!
redlights
MGS Member

Post by redlights »

I know that it isn't REAL caching but I am proud to say that I found my 100th benchmark this past Saturday over near "President Truman's Washington Friend" (GCV57J).
flyingmoose
MGS Member

Post by flyingmoose »

redlights wrote:I know that it isn't REAL caching but I am proud to say that I found my 100th benchmark this past Saturday over near "President Truman's Washington Friend" (GCV57J).
Way to go, that is a big deal! I had found more unlisted benchmarks than listed so my list is very low. I of course never have my camera with me for those so I cannot waymark them.
redlights
MGS Member

Post by redlights »

flyingmoose wrote: Way to go, that is a big deal! I had found more unlisted benchmarks than listed so my list is very low. I of course never have my camera with me for those so I cannot waymark them.
I've probably got another 20 or so that are unlisted as well. I really hadn't thought of checking waymarking. Thanks for the idea!
flyingmoose
MGS Member

Post by flyingmoose »

redlights wrote:I've probably got another 20 or so that are unlisted as well. I really hadn't thought of checking waymarking. Thanks for the idea!
All you need is a camera, GPS and of course be able to describe directions to the Benchmark! In fact the creator of the category is a MGS member!

Black Dog Trackers
WWCD
MGS Member

Post by WWCD »

WTG on finding your 100th benchmark -- and now I see you are up to 107. Finding the ones down on Jones Point, including the old, southeast cornerstone for DC down by the lighthouse -- can I guess why you were down there -- are just icing on the cake for the President Truman's Washington Friend" (GCV57J) cache. I managed to see James Carvell jogging while I found the cache and the benchmarks -- a three-fer. Glad you got a chance to visit my side of the Potomac.
redlights
MGS Member

Post by redlights »

WWCD wrote:WTG on finding your 100th benchmark -- and now I see you are up to 107. Finding the ones down on Jones Point, including the old, southeast cornerstone for DC down by the lighthouse -- can I guess why you were down there -- are just icing on the cake for the President Truman's Washington Friend" (GCV57J) cache.
You got it. Lighthouse, cache, benchmarks and a nice walk - Priceless!
VinceHayter
MGS Member

Definately a big deal!

Post by VinceHayter »

Hey, kudos! I agree, that IS a big deal. I've found a handful but they're usually overlooked (well, at least I usually don't pay attention to them) :oops: so a full hundred is impressive, wow!
-remember when QotM used to be a thing? :roll:
DaisyChain
Former MGS Officer

Post by DaisyChain »

I pay attention, say how neat, and usually can't find the listing. So I have lots of pictures..... :roll:
DaisyChain

Character is what you know you are, not what others think you have.
julia
MGS Member

Re: Definately a big deal!

Post by julia »

VinceHayter wrote:Hey, kudos! I agree, that IS a big deal.
What he said! Very commendable. Some benchmarks are harder to find than caches (some you have to dig for!). We always check for benchmarks when we cache a new area, some are so old and historic, they are like an extra bonus! Great job:)
"We're gonna be in the Hudson".
dadgad
MGS Member

Post by dadgad »

Well, I'll guess I'll note my 600th find here, on Friday March 9. Mobile Numbers was the cache. Lots of fun. But you should really check out the log of my 599th find, Catonsville Seniors Cache. That was fun.
Drink coffee. Do stupid things faster and with more energy!
Fireguy15

Post by Fireguy15 »

Just wanted to say that I crested 700 yesterday south of Glen Burnie.

As a side note, this past weekend I am finished with all current caches in So. MD (Calvert, Charles and St. Mary's). That is until a few disabled ones go up or woody throws out another puzzle.

Time to work on AA County I guess..... :roll:
Bocco
MGS Member

Post by Bocco »

Fireguy15 wrote:Just wanted to say that I crested 700 yesterday south of Glen Burnie.

As a side note, this past weekend I am finished with all current caches in So. MD (Calvert, Charles and St. Mary's). That is until a few disabled ones go up or woody throws out another puzzle.
:thumbup :groupwave :smt038 :dance: :applause: :smt038 :groupwave1 :smt023
That is an absolutely amazing accomplishement, especially given the difficulty of some of the puzzles and hides! CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is OUTSTANDING!!!
Last edited by Bocco on Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
richeym1
Former MGS Officer

Post by richeym1 »

Fireguy15 wrote:Just wanted to say that I crested 700 yesterday south of Glen Burnie.

Time to work on AA County I guess..... :roll:
Way to go!! Glad we could have been a part of helping you along the way. :D
We sure have logged a few miles of hiking lately!!
Last edited by richeym1 on Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coupleocachers
Former MGS Officer

Post by coupleocachers »

CONGRATS ON THAT!!
We are now Mr. And Mrs. Coupleocachers and Proud parents of AmeliaGrace
Fireguy15

Post by Fireguy15 »

richeym1 wrote:We sure have logged a few miles of hiking lately!!
Yeah miles of hiking and driving! We hiked 8 point what :?:
Simulatmore
Former MGS Officer

Post by Simulatmore »

Soon you may be hiking a few more than that. :wink:
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.