Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

What's Your Average D/T Ratings?

General Chit-Chat.
Alzarius
MGS Director

Re: What's Your Average D/T Ratings?

Post by Alzarius »

I'm at 2.06/1.9 with 1131. I need to get my butt in a kayak!
lpyankeefan
MGS Officer

Post by lpyankeefan »

VinceHayter wrote:tl;dr - I'm sad question marks aren't being used for honest to goodness *puzzles* anymore... :cry:
Unfortunately Groundspeak hasn't created a separate cache 'type' for challenges...yet. There's been talk for quite a while about doing this but as of yet it's not become a reality.
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
Bocco
MGS Member

Post by Bocco »

2.07/1.73 8000+finds
Down here in Southern Maryland the terrain is pretty flat, so the terrain levels tends to be lower. Too bad they don't add terrain points for ticks and chiggers during the warm months. Taking a hike in the woods down here is a whole different experience than out west :smt009 We usually have to drive a bit to pick up the higher terrain caches.
Sue-Cat
MGS Member

Post by Sue-Cat »

Time for my yearly check in, inched up to 2.37 / 1.99. Almost to 2 terrain, almost! Another year might do it. :-D
Sue, Vinny & Sue Team
Zepp914
MGS Member

Post by Zepp914 »

I have been thinking about this recently. I am at 1.95/1.75 and when I see a 1/1 cache I want to ignore it. Most events are 1/1 as well. To me it seems like worrying about this statistic could lead one to miss out on a bunch of fun.

I don't think I am going to worry about this stat. I think I would rather work on increasing the % of non traditional caches I have found.
Death Wish Dave
MGS Member

Post by Death Wish Dave »

I'm up to 2.27/2.39.

As most know, I prefer the challenge of higher T (and D). Got a bit to go to catch SueCat in the D and a LONG way to go to catch flaffle in both (2.39/3.14). She is my hero.

Zepp914--I know what you're saying. I still go after any caches that look interesting though, including an occasional event. My requests to hold events up trees and on roof tops haven't gone over very well though. :pray:
==============================================================================
The geocacher formerly know as CacheSKing.
lpaulriddle
MGS Director

Post by lpaulriddle »

I don't check this stat too often as I'm on the same page as Zepp914.. but currently sitting at 2.09/2.04. My average T was under 2 until I did Duckayakanoe earlier this month. Nothing like finding 28 straight T5 caches to give that stat a boost. :wink:
Sue-Cat
MGS Member

Post by Sue-Cat »

Ooo, just noticed my terrain average is now 2, exactly 2. 8)
Sue, Vinny & Sue Team