Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Another statistic to play with

General Chit-Chat.
dsquaredd2
MGS Member

Another statistic to play with

Post by dsquaredd2 »

While re-running statistics on mygeocachingprofile.com, we found a new statistic had been added - the number of caches found that were hidden on a specific day. Does anyone have a way to identify unfound caches that were hidden on a particular date?

Thanks
cooley1103
Former MGS Officer

Re: Another statistic to play with

Post by cooley1103 »

I have looked into this also and have some options for you (Some are good and some are bad):

1. Pocket Query
- Run a PQ and under "Placed During" select the date you want
- The problem with this method is that this means you have to do it for each year
2. Regional PQ (10 mile radius)
- Run a PQ for a specific region
- From here you can sort by date placed (either on GC.com or in GSAK)
3. Look at all caches placed in a particular state (Geocaching > Hide and Seek A Geocache > Search For Geocaches)
- Sort by "Placed Date"
dsquaredd2
MGS Member

Post by dsquaredd2 »

Thanks for the feedback. All of those are good ideas. I did the brute force approach from my home coords - searching throug the caches closest to home, filtering out the finds. Sorted the list by Date Placed and paged through to the date in question for each year. Only took a few minutes.

What did we do to December 8 ever do to not have a find for a cache on that date? There were only 8 within 50 miles, just 1 closer than 20 (we DNF'd it a few weeks ago). Hopefully, we can get out and get this done soon.
nighthawk700
MGS Member

Post by nighthawk700 »

GSAK had this stat for a while. I actually finished the "placed on" calendar before I finished the "found on" calendar. Of course with the Found on, I had to wait until that specific day rolled around.