Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Help Needed

General Chit-Chat.
johndit
MGS Member

Help Needed

Post by johndit »

Help needed. I live in Columbia. I am having some fun with my two grand kids through geocaching. We have been using my IPhone 5 as our device. We made and hid two caches on Monday. I was waiting for them to be approved. Looked today at "your caches" and there was a line drawn threw the names. Would love to talk to someone about all this. My cell is 410 980 3837. Email is johndit@comcast.net
jpatton
MGS Member

Re: Help Needed

Post by jpatton »

The line through the name means the cache is disabled. It could be that you never enabled the cache for the reviewer to see it. If it was enabled and now it's not, you should check the cache page logs for any notes the reviewer may have posted. The note should explain why the cache is disabled and what needs to be done for it to be published.
Jeff
littleblkdog
Former MGS Officer

Post by littleblkdog »

I have had this happen when I submitted caches for approval. Basically the reviewer had a question about your submission or there is something that needs to be changed. Click on the geocache link and review the notes at the bottom. The reviewer probably left a note for you. If you need clarification about what needs to be done, you can post the note here for advice or click the reviewers name to send them an email to ask for clarification.
TeamPanda173
MGS Member

Post by TeamPanda173 »

Im pretty sure he got it ironed out as his cache was published today. Yes! More columbia caches! Keep em coming!!!
johndit
MGS Member

Post by johndit »

Hi, thanks for the replies. I did get one of the caches posted and already had a FTF. The reviewer did communicate with me and I sent him an Email asking for larification of the problem with the second cache. I seem to be getting better at determining the coordinates. Many thanks for your interest and replies. John
TeamPanda173
MGS Member

Post by TeamPanda173 »

Glad to see that you are getting the hang of it John. If you need any help in the Columbia area, pleases dont hesitate to contact us. Through trial and error, we've learned from others and experience that good communication with the reviewer is key to getting your caches published quickly and with no issues.

Thanks for putting out new caches in the area!! Def appreciated!