Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Welcome SirCrab - Our New Maryland Reviewer

General Chit-Chat.
nighthawk700
MGS Member

Re: Welcome SirCrab - Our New Maryland Reviewer

Post by nighthawk700 »

Oy, a treif reviewer? :-) (crabs, not kosher..., never mind, bad joke).

Thanks to whoever it is for volunteering, and thanks to whoever it was for being Dr.MD, and thanks to briansnat (Lord Stirling) and the others for covering the interim.
ruralseeker
MGS Member

Post by ruralseeker »

Thanks to Lord Stirling for pitching in while we got our act together, and thanks to Dr.MD for a job well done for so long. I hope [whoever he is] is doing well.

Welcome SirCrab! You're already off to a fantastic start! Just like when Lord Stirling hit the scene, I was first introduced to you by receiving notifications that you disabled or archived of a bunch of the missing caches on my watch list. For me, that's the perfect introduction. Thanks for volunteering your time to help me find more Tupperware in the woods! I really do appreciate what you've just agreed to do.
Hixon
MGS Member

Post by Hixon »

Welcome, and thanks in advance!!! I echo the thanks as well for Dr. MD's years of selfless superior service, and to Lord Sterling for helping to bridge the gap.
acorn55
MGS Member

Post by acorn55 »

Reviewing caches has to take a tremendous amount of time and patience. Thanks to SirCarb and all the reviewers who volunteered in the past.
briansnat
MGS Member

Post by briansnat »

I'm glad to hand the reins over to SirCrab. Every area deserves a local reviewer where possible. You still may see me publish a few caches here and there after a dialogue I was having with a cache owner ended to my satisfaction, but SirCrab is the man (or woman) going forward.

It's been fun and a joy working with everyone.

Regards,
Brian (Lord Stirling)
nighthawk700
MGS Member

Post by nighthawk700 »

briansnat wrote:I'm glad to hand the reins over to SirCrab. Every area deserves a local reviewer where possible. You still may see me publish a few caches here and there after a dialogue I was having with a cache owner ended to my satisfaction, but SirCrab is the man (or woman) going forward.

It's been fun and a joy working with everyone.

Regards,
Brian (Lord Stirling)
Funny you should say that. I'm on the Israeli Geocaching Facebook group (I have family over there, and hope to be going over again soon). They've been trying to get Groundspeak to have a local reviewer, but apparently have not been making any headway. Does Groundspeak tend to be more conservative for the smaller countries?

Anyway, thanks again. You were very helpful for my "What's My Sign" event cache, and it turned out to be pretty successful. (successful enough that Friendlies comped my Banana Split at least! :D )

Louis / Nighthawk700
coupleocachers
Former MGS Officer

Post by coupleocachers »

Welcome SirCrab you have been doing such a great Job!!! Now the guessing game does begin :D
We are now Mr. And Mrs. Coupleocachers and Proud parents of AmeliaGrace
nighthawk700
MGS Member

Post by nighthawk700 »

nighthawk700 wrote:Funny you should say that. I'm on the Israeli Geocaching Facebook group (I have family over there, and hope to be going over again soon). They've been trying to get Groundspeak to have a local reviewer, but apparently have not been making any headway. Does Groundspeak tend to be more conservative for the smaller countries?
Looks like I spoke too soon, Erik-88L just said he is reducing his reviewer role and is recruiting a reviewer there. Seems there is a new generation of reviewers coming in various places.
MotherWolf
MGS Member

Post by MotherWolf »

nighthawk700 wrote:Oy, a treif reviewer? :-) (crabs, not kosher..., never mind, bad joke).

Thanks to whoever it is for volunteering, and thanks to whoever it was for being Dr.MD, and thanks to briansnat (Lord Stirling) and the others for covering the interim.

LOL my husband used to oversee water testing of the Bay so after seeing the results I figured it was a good time to follow dietary laws for Kosher only & NOT eat ANYTHING out of the Bay. That's NOT a joke......
hostanut
MGS Member

Post by hostanut »

Welcome SirCrab!!!

For those trying to guess the identity of the new reviewer.......I'll reduce the pool of possible cachers by 1....it's NOT me!!!!!