Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Running around to complete my Grid

General Chit-Chat.
coupleocachers
Former MGS Officer

Re: Running around to complete my Grid

Post by coupleocachers »

Kovuisking wrote: 1-The Amazing GeoRace - GC3PM3R - 5 / 4.5
-Premium
-WhereIGo
Just so you know, this cache is 11 stages with a lot of driving, over 3 miles of hiking, and a few puzzles to solve thrown into the mix. You'll probably need 4+ hours to complete it and the final two stages are in a Dawn to Dusk area.
We are now Mr. And Mrs. Coupleocachers and Proud parents of AmeliaGrace
Sue-Cat
MGS Member

Post by Sue-Cat »

coupleocachers wrote:
Kovuisking wrote: 1-The Amazing GeoRace - GC3PM3R - 5 / 4.5
-Premium
-WhereIGo
Just so you know, this cache is 11 stages with a lot of driving, over 3 miles of hiking, and a few puzzles to solve thrown into the mix. You'll probably need 4+ hours to complete it and the final two stages are in a Dawn to Dusk area.
Oh, I did not know about this cache. It looks interesting! Can the wherigo progress be saved at each stage? Last time I tried running a wherigo on my phone (android) it crashed when I got to stage 2. Luckily I was with someone else with an Oregon that didn't crash.
Sue, Vinny & Sue Team
coupleocachers
Former MGS Officer

Post by coupleocachers »

Sue-Cat wrote: Can the wherigo progress be saved at each stage? Last time I tried running a wherigo on my phone (android) it crashed when I got to stage 2. Luckily I was with someone else with an Oregon that didn't crash.
When we tested it before launch we did it in phases and saved it on our Android. You just have to make sure that you exit out and see the "Save Cartridge" message. I'd try testing it at the first stage to make sure you have the sequence right. We did a WIG once that was pretty long and did other caches in between, we thought that the WIG would still be playing in the background but it closed without saving when I opened another application.
Sue-Cat
MGS Member

Post by Sue-Cat »

coupleocachers wrote:
Sue-Cat wrote: Can the wherigo progress be saved at each stage? Last time I tried running a wherigo on my phone (android) it crashed when I got to stage 2. Luckily I was with someone else with an Oregon that didn't crash.
When we tested it before launch we did it in phases and saved it on our Android. You just have to make sure that you exit out and see the "Save Cartridge" message. I'd try testing it at the first stage to make sure you have the sequence right. We did a WIG once that was pretty long and did other caches in between, we thought that the WIG would still be playing in the background but it closed without saving when I opened another application.
Gotcha. Thanks for those pointers! :-)
Sue, Vinny & Sue Team
coupleocachers
Former MGS Officer

Post by coupleocachers »

Sue-Cat wrote:
coupleocachers wrote:
Gotcha. Thanks for those pointers! :-)
Beau speaking since this is his baby. One of the stages requires you to print out a stage or at least have a laptop nearby and hope to gain WIFI access ;) that you will need to find the final. Lucky for this is early on.
_JohnnyCache
Former MGS Officer

Post by _JohnnyCache »

I skipped this one the last trip because of the tree climbing attribute :D I didn't have a ladder or someone more mobile than me so figured I would be out of luck.
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.

-- Albert Einstein
Sue-Cat
MGS Member

Post by Sue-Cat »

_JohnnyCache wrote:I skipped this one the last trip because of the tree climbing attribute :D I didn't have a ladder or someone more mobile than me so figured I would be out of luck.
:-)

Ahem, yeah, I might need to bring someone along for the tree climbing part! I have managed to climb a few trees by myself though.
Sue, Vinny & Sue Team
Sue-Cat
MGS Member

Post by Sue-Cat »

coupleocachers wrote: Beau speaking since this is his baby. One of the stages requires you to print out a stage or at least have a laptop nearby and hope to gain WIFI access ;) that you will need to find the final. Lucky for this is early on.
Well printing is out when on the road but laptop and wifi are pretty easy. Thanks for the heads up Beau.
Sue, Vinny & Sue Team
Death Wish Dave
MGS Member

Post by Death Wish Dave »

Sue-Cat wrote:
_JohnnyCache wrote:I skipped this one the last trip because of the tree climbing attribute :D I didn't have a ladder or someone more mobile than me so figured I would be out of luck.

Ahem, yeah, I might need to bring someone along for the tree climbing part! I have managed to climb a few trees by myself though.
We will have to manage to get this one on our calendar, huh Sue?
==============================================================================
The geocacher formerly know as CacheSKing.
Sue-Cat
MGS Member

Post by Sue-Cat »

cacheSking wrote:
Sue-Cat wrote: Ahem, yeah, I might need to bring someone along for the tree climbing part! I have managed to climb a few trees by myself though.
We will have to manage to get this one on our calendar, huh Sue?
Sue, Vinny & Sue Team
Kovuisking
MGS Member

Post by Kovuisking »

Well it sounds like I could put this on hold and find out when it is most convenient for everyone. I would love to do this as a nice sized group! Keep me posted miss Sue-Cat.
Sue-Cat
MGS Member

Post by Sue-Cat »

Kovuisking wrote:Well it sounds like I could put this on hold and find out when it is most convenient for everyone. I would love to do this as a nice sized group! Keep me posted miss Sue-Cat.
OK... but it will be a few weeks AT LEAST before I get to SoMD to start this one... if you have a good earlier opportunity go for it. :-)
Sue, Vinny & Sue Team
coupleocachers
Former MGS Officer

Post by coupleocachers »

I forgot to remove the tree climbing attribute. There is no climbing tree required. I didn't get a chance to add that stage in.
Death Wish Dave
MGS Member

coupleocachers wrote:I forgot to remove the tree climbing attribute. There is no climbing tree required. I didn't get a chance to add that stage in.
:( Bummer. That's the only time that Sue really needs me!!!
Sue-Cat
MGS Member

Post by Sue-Cat »

cacheSking wrote:
coupleocachers wrote:I forgot to remove the tree climbing attribute. There is no climbing tree required. I didn't get a chance to add that stage in.
:lol: I can think of some other reasons too! :P
Sue, Vinny & Sue Team
Death Wish Dave
MGS Member

:dance:
Sue-Cat wrote:
cacheSking wrote:
:lol: I can think of some other reasons too! :P
:dance:
coupleocachers
Former MGS Officer

Post by coupleocachers »

There's plenty of tunnel crawling :D at least 3 that I know of :P
Death Wish Dave
MGS Member

coupleocachers wrote:There's plenty of tunnel crawling :D at least 3 that I know of :P
:applause: Now you're talking!!!
Msmit002
MGS Member

Post by Msmit002 »

So, I noticed that you are also looking for a 4.5/3.5 for your grid. Microcacher and I are looking to go after one at Leakin Park: http://coord.info/GC12560. If you'd like to make it a ream effort, we can try to meet up for that one.
nighthawk700
MGS Member

Post by nighthawk700 »

Msmit002 wrote:So, I noticed that you are also looking for a 4.5/3.5 for your grid. Microcacher and I are looking to go after one at Leakin Park: http://coord.info/GC12560. If you'd like to make it a ream effort, we can try to meet up for that one.
More eyes is good for this one. I visited 4 times. My boss visited once and found it. The last time I came with my daughter and she found it. D'oh!! Be aware, if you come from the top of the hill, the nature center has limited hours, and they lock up the gate when they are closed. If you approach from the bottom, no gate to worry about, but a good hike up a rather steep hill.