Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Running around to complete my Grid

General Chit-Chat.
Death Wish Dave
MGS Member

Re: Running around to complete my Grid

Post by Death Wish Dave »

nighthawk700 wrote:
Msmit002 wrote:So, I noticed that you are also looking for a 4.5/3.5 for your grid. Microcacher and I are looking to go after one at Leakin Park: http://coord.info/GC12560. If you'd like to make it a ream effort, we can try to meet up for that one.
More eyes is good for this one. I visited 4 times. My boss visited once and found it. The last time I came with my daughter and she found it. D'oh!! Be aware, if you come from the top of the hill, the nature center has limited hours, and they lock up the gate when they are closed. If you approach from the bottom, no gate to worry about, but a good hike up a rather steep hill.
This is a good time of year to look for that one.
==============================================================================
The geocacher formerly know as CacheSKing.
Msmit002
MGS Member

Post by Msmit002 »

nighthawk700 wrote:
More eyes is good for this one. I visited 4 times. My boss visited once and found it. The last time I came with my daughter and she found it. D'oh!! Be aware, if you come from the top of the hill, the nature center has limited hours, and they lock up the gate when they are closed. If you approach from the bottom, no gate to worry about, but a good hike up a rather steep hill.
I read your logs on this one and I chuckled when I saw the competitive nature between you and your boss. Too funny. This sounds like how I look at certain caches: "Well' if HE can find it, then I can find it..."
Msmit002
MGS Member

Post by Msmit002 »

cacheSking wrote:
This is a good time of year to look for that one.
:wink: Exactly what we thought too.
Kovuisking
MGS Member

Post by Kovuisking »

This cache was actually on my 'todo list' When would you like to attempt this one? I was thinking to go up to PA this weekend as a sort of birthday present to myself and all. BUT if it involves bringing our society of cachers together I would be glad to do it as early as anyone wants.
Msmit002
MGS Member

Post by Msmit002 »

Kovuisking wrote:This cache was actually on my 'todo list' When would you like to attempt this one? I was thinking to go up to PA this weekend as a sort of birthday present to myself and all. BUT if it involves bringing our society of cachers together I would be glad to do it as early as anyone wants.
Enjoy your birthday! Conor and I are not in any particular hurry. In fact, I have a bunch of thesis to grade this weekend so it certainly can wait until next weekend. In fact, I will probably have more time if we do. But if anyone else is going out there with you as well, don't let me hold you back. ;)

On that note... I am going to PA for Thanksgiving and I'm looking around to see what is along the way and near the family abode.