Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Hunt Valley Projection

General Chit-Chat.
nighthawk700
MGS Member

Hunt Valley Projection

Post by nighthawk700 »

http://coord.info/GCNYVG

So it took me a while, but I finally went over to stage 2 of this cache. And there is some major construction going on there. I was able to get to Ground Zero without entering the construction zone (barely on the edge). A lot of the ground has been torn away. I looked for the cache for a while, but found nothing. The CO, S A M, has not logged in for 2 years now. (I believe I heard that he's deployed somewhere?) Would a previous finder either take a peek to see if it's still there, or contact me off line, I have a picture of what's left at the site and what was removed. Maybe that'll be enough to say if it's still there or not. I don't want to reach for the N/A button just yet, it could be that all is well and I just couldn't find it. (which happened to many other hunters of this cache).
nighthawk700
MGS Member

Re: Hunt Valley Projection

Post by nighthawk700 »

The previous finder confirmed that the container (and the tree that housed it) is gone. There is something else at the coordinates I could use to hide a replacement container, but it's not my cache, so I'm not sure how appropriate it would be to replace it. Any thoughts? Otherwise I'll just put a Needs Archive and let SirCrab handle it from there.
Death Wish Dave
MGS Member

Post by Death Wish Dave »

Many folks tend to keep S A M caches alive, if possible. I don't guess that he minds.
==============================================================================
The geocacher formerly know as CacheSKing.
nighthawk700
MGS Member

Post by nighthawk700 »

cacheSking wrote:Many folks tend to keep S A M caches alive, if possible. I don't guess that he minds.
I didn't post a N/A, just a N/M, but SirCrab caught wind of it anyway. I told him I'd be happy to place a replacement container there, but he suggested it would be better to let the cache be archived, then place a replacement. Otherwise the cache listing can't be updated/maintained. If I do replace it, I probably would move the final over into a "safer" area. Stage one would still be the same, that was the interesting part of the cache for most people, I'm sure.
dsquaredd2
MGS Member

Post by dsquaredd2 »

Thanks to nighthawk700 for caring for this old classic. We found this one early in our caching life and is still the longest projection we have ever encountered. S A M's caches were some of the first tricky caches that we were able to solve and helped expand our thoughts on cache hides and containers. If this one is archived as indicated, hopefully a similar cache can be installed.

Regards.