Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

R.I.P. wizardofmd69

General Chit-Chat.
Ezio10
MGS Member

Re: R.I.P. wizardofmd69

Post by Ezio10 »

Although I don't know wizardofmd69 all that well, I've heard some stories about him and he seemed like a good person to go caching with. I will keep Suzanne and her family in my thoughts and prayers.
dixiegurl827
MGS Member

Post by dixiegurl827 »

I am truly lost without him here.

I want to thank everyone who posted these kind words about my Wizard. Please try to attend his viewing. He would love that.

I am very sad, so sad that words just can't even define the depth.
Simon
MGS Member

Post by Simon »

When Zekester told me about Tony's passing the other day, I was so shocked and saddened. As he mentioned in a previous post, it was always so amazing to see Tony and Suzanne show up at so many events all across the state and otherwise. Such and avid cacher with a huge heart and generous spirit. Tony, you will be missed.

Suzanne, please know how sorry I am for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your families.

Simon
hunterKat
Former MGS Officer

Post by hunterKat »

I was shocked to hear the news just this morning. Though I never had an opportunity to spend time with Tony, he was always quick with a welcoming smile when we crossed paths. I think his geo-nick is one of those names you hear about very early in your geocaching "career", as I did. But in my mind, it will always be "Wizard&Suzanne", because I've rarely heard of either without the other. He will be sorely missed.

Suzanne, my thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

Kathy / hunterKat
Difficult paths often lead to beautiful places.
Hixon
MGS Member

Post by Hixon »

Tony (and Suzanne alike) embodied so much of what makes caching such a wonderful pastime. Despite unparalleled zeal for great accomplishments like streaks, FTFs, and totals, Tony's lovable personality always made it clear that the fun and fellowship of the people around him were his top priority. From the time I was getting my first caches to now when I'm just another old hat, he always cared about me and make me feel special--just like he did for everyone. Tony was more than a great geocacher--he was a great guy.

Though this news deeply saddens me, thinking of Tony will always bring a smile to my face. Suzanne, if you ever just need to talk, you know where to find me.
GeoAPPs
MGS Member

Post by GeoAPPs »

We are so sorry to hear about this. We were fortunate to have cached with Wizard on several occasions. He was always so friendly and welcoming to us. He will be missed. Our thoughts are with you Suzanne.

Mike and Linda
MDFirecacher
MGS Member

Post by MDFirecacher »

40 years in the fire service makes you realize how fragile life truly is. My son (SawyeRR) was just telling me the other day that he hoped to go against Wizard again in the Cornhole tournament at the Fall Picnic. It was hard breaking the news to him. Tony had a heart as big as the Country he loved. I always noticed he was sleeveless - I imagined he continuously gave his shirt - at least part of it - off his back to someone in need. I have three of his pathtags that I will chersih forever. It was an honor to know this man. Suzanne - I am so sorry for your loss. May God, family, and friends get you though this sudden loss. Thank you for sharing Tony with all of us.

RIP Tony...
dixiegurl827
MGS Member

Post by dixiegurl827 »

I would like to thank everyone for their overwhelming love and support for Wizard, myself and family. It is still difficult. Caching as best as I can! Much love to all.
marylandramblers
MGS Member

Post by marylandramblers »

Tony will be missed by all the marylandramblers. Peace.
pco1988
MGS Member

Post by pco1988 »

I haven't been caching or on here in a long time, and this news is hard to swallow... I remember meeting you guys in PG County while out caching. Sorry for your loss Suzanne :smt022
Happy Trails!

Philip Oxman