Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Cache of the month?

General Chit-Chat.
sharkb8007
MGS Member

Cache of the month?

Post by sharkb8007 »

This looks like a neat feature of this forum... now that the board is done with CAM 2018, perhaps Cache of the Month can be a thing again? We're still pretty new to caching, so we'd love to hear of some places to go. In fact, we're at 496 after logging all the CAM caches, and need to find a good one to tackle for #500.
All caches signed as EnB608 :smt049
rmnedrow
MGS Member

Re: Cache of the month?

Post by rmnedrow »

For number 500 I would suggest GC2HN2H. It's one of the best caches I've done
BillnVick
MGS Member

Post by BillnVick »

sharkb8007 wrote:This looks like a neat feature of this forum... now that the board is done with CAM 2018, perhaps Cache of the Month can be a thing again? We're still pretty new to caching, so we'd love to hear of some places to go. In fact, we're at 496 after logging all the CAM caches, and need to find a good one to tackle for #500.
Not up for cache of the month but you could check our BillnVick (that's me btw!) We have a few that people always enjoy going for called Up...UP...up &Away 1-6 they are in cockeysville threw huntvalley? You could always give them a go sometime!! If your interested and it's not to far for you I'll round up the GC codes tomorrow morning!

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk
sharkb8007
MGS Member

Post by sharkb8007 »

Thanks. I have that one saved on my list of fun caches to do, but probably need something quite a bit closer to Baltimore since we're only 4 away and won't be going far from home anytime soon.
littleblkdog
Former MGS Officer

Post by littleblkdog »

sharkb8007 wrote:This looks like a neat feature of this forum... now that the board is done with CAM 2018, perhaps Cache of the Month can be a thing again? We're still pretty new to caching, so we'd love to hear of some places to go. In fact, we're at 496 after logging all the CAM caches, and need to find a good one to tackle for #500.

We will work on getting the Cache of the Month program back on. In the meantime, I recommend doing a search on geocaching.com for your home location and then sorting by favorite points. One thing I did was make a list of the top 20 favorited caches in Maryland and I have been working on those for a few years.

Another option is to find your local event and become a regular attendee. It is a great way to hear the news about the newest cool hide and get hints on the puzzles you just can't solve.
sharkb8007
MGS Member

Post by sharkb8007 »

BillnVick wrote:
Not up for cache of the month but you could check our BillnVick (that's me btw!) We have a few that people always enjoy going for called Up...UP...up &Away 1-6 they are in cockeysville threw huntvalley? You could always give them a go sometime!! If your interested and it's not to far for you I'll round up the GC codes tomorrow morning!

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk
Oops, I realized my last reply was for RMNedrow but you wouldn't have realized that. Your caches look fun, I put them on a list, hopefully we'll get them sometime soon when we're on that side of town. Thanks for the suggestion though!
sharkb8007
MGS Member

Post by sharkb8007 »

[/quote]We will work on getting the Cache of the Month program back on. In the meantime, I recommend doing a search on geocaching.com for your home location and then sorting by favorite points. One thing I did was make a list of the top 20 favorited caches in Maryland and I have been working on those for a few years.

Another option is to find your local event and become a regular attendee. It is a great way to hear the news about the newest cool hide and get hints on the puzzles you just can't solve.[/quote]

Both good suggestions, thanks Phil
lpaulriddle
MGS Director

Post by lpaulriddle »

One possibility would be to head to D.C. and visit one of the many highly-favorited virtual caches there. D.C. is only around 40 minutes down the road.

If you're willing to drive a little farther, it's hard to go wrong with WVTim's gadget caches. Most are along I-81 south of Hagerstown. If you like that kind of thing, but don't want to drive that far, Phos4s has a really nice gadget cache outside Eldersburg: GC5QG3F. It's very well done, but doesn't get found all that often. I'd consider it quite worthy of a milestone find.
sharkb8007
MGS Member

Post by sharkb8007 »

lpaulriddle wrote:One possibility would be to head to D.C. and visit one of the many highly-favorited virtual caches there. D.C. is only around 40 minutes down the road.

If you're willing to drive a little farther, it's hard to go wrong with WVTim's gadget caches. Most are along I-81 south of Hagerstown. If you like that kind of thing, but don't want to drive that far, Phos4s has a really nice gadget cache outside Eldersburg: GC5QG3F. It's very well done, but doesn't get found all that often. I'd consider it quite worthy of a milestone find.
We got it last night, but thank you. Added Phos4s's cache to the list. We've done a few of the ones in DC on the mall, though there's plenty left. At 500 down, and 2,999,500 left to go, plus or minus a few hundred thousand, I think we've barely scratched the surface and have many more to go.