Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Magellan Explorist GC

Discuss GPS Hardware, Technical Issues, etc. here.
nandi108
MGS Member

Magellan Explorist GC

Post by nandi108 »

I have one of the Magellan Explorist GC units. The issue I'm having is that the device is somehow changing the coordinates of caches I download. This is regardless if I download an individual cache or do a pocket query. Also, when creating a waypoint, the numbers change it as well (even after I double and tripple check the numbers before I click ok).

My friend who I cache with, has the exact same model (We got our devices with in months of each other). Her Explorist GC works fine (no coordinate changes).

I don't think she's done anything different than me to the device (i.e. no updates).

Has anyone encountered this with this device? Is this something that a software update would fix?

Thanks!
_JohnnyCache
Former MGS Officer

Re: Magellan Explorist GC

Post by _JohnnyCache »

nandi108 wrote:I have one of the Magellan Explorist GC units. The issue I'm having is that the device is somehow changing the coordinates of caches I download. This is regardless if I download an individual cache or do a pocket query. Also, when creating a waypoint, the numbers change it as well (even after I double and tripple check the numbers before I click ok).

My friend who I cache with, has the exact same model (We got our devices with in months of each other). Her Explorist GC works fine (no coordinate changes).

I don't think she's done anything different than me to the device (i.e. no updates).

Has anyone encountered this with this device? Is this something that a software update would fix?

Thanks!
Be sure your Datum is set to WGS84.
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.

-- Albert Einstein
nandi108
MGS Member

Post by nandi108 »

*facepalm* Thank you very much :)
_JohnnyCache
Former MGS Officer

Post by _JohnnyCache »

nandi108 wrote:*facepalm* Thank you very much :)
It's a great practical joke to play on a friend :lol:
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.

-- Albert Einstein
nandi108
MGS Member

Post by nandi108 »

I will admit to my own tom foolery. I was looking around on my GPS and ended up on the screen that changed that selection. :angel: Didnt realise it would change the important stuff on the caches. :whistle: :lol:
glens911
MGS Member

Post by glens911 »

nandi108 how do you like it. We are thinking of getting one for shebear79's son
In the night there's wonder
Always there for you to see
In the light of morning
Visions fade
And dreams can flee

Savatage - Miles Away
nandi108
MGS Member

Post by nandi108 »

glens911 wrote:nandi108 how do you like it. We are thinking of getting one for shebear79's son
Sorry for such the delay Glens911!

I like mine. Easy to use and navigate with (LOVE how the update made it a little more user friendly). It's durable too. It has a nice grip to it too, rubber around the edges. Only thing that I personally don't like about it is the cover for the port (to load the caches). It's a rubber cover, that you pull open (sort of like a rubber bathtub plug - but it's attached at one end of it). It's just the design of it that bothers me.

I hope that was helpful.