Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

AA County Parks...Kinder Farm Park

Plan your group hikes/get-togethers, discuss caches in need of TLC/adoption plus new & favorite caches, as well as park/geocacher relations.
WWCD
MGS Member

AA County Parks...Kinder Farm Park

Post by WWCD »

Had a terrific run in with the Superintendent of Kinder Farm Park today as I was replacing a relatively new cache back in place -- A Kinder Drive Bye GC4P5HH -- This park superintendent is so Geocacher friendly -- he loves us -- but wants to be notified when there is a new cache placed there so that he knows what's going on in his park. I am not familiar with the MD cache placement rules; any idea how to add this requirement to the placement guidelines? The park superintendent is Bill Offutt and he can be reached at roffu11@aacounty.org
_JohnnyCache
Former MGS Officer

Re: AA County Parks...Kinder Farm Park

Post by _JohnnyCache »

There already is a permission process in place for AA county parks viewtopic.php?f=65&t=5083

What cache was that? Nevermind :D
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.

-- Albert Einstein
lpyankeefan
MGS Officer

Post by lpyankeefan »

The very first MGS event I attended was Maryland Geocaching Society's 2005 Summer Picnic http://coord.info/GCNVX1 at Kinder Farm Park. Alas...all of the caches that I found that day in the park have since been archived...But I see three of four newer caches there. It might be time for a drive back down.
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
Oma S
MGS Member

Post by Oma S »

This might be a good place to mention that Groundspeak has premium memberships available for land management folks. Let's encourage these folks to join in the fun.

Have a safe and blessed New Year.
Oma S
robert
MGS Site Admin

Post by robert »

lpyankeefan wrote:The very first MGS event I attended was Maryland Geocaching Society's 2005 Summer Picnic http://coord.info/GCNVX1 at Kinder Farm Park. Alas...all of the caches that I found that day in the park have since been archived...But I see three of four newer caches there. It might be time for a drive back down.
I think that was by far the largest event I had been a part of. Really liked that park, and very geo-friendly!
-robert
MGS Site Admin, MGS Director, former Officer
Need to change or edit your username? Send me a PM!
Link to the MGS | Visit us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | robert@mdgps.org
OhMelli
MGS Member

Post by OhMelli »

I was actually there today, and I think there are only the two caches there right now -- one traditional, and one whereigo? I don't do the whereigos so we just got the one. The ranger was very kind though and let us travel through just to "see" the park without paying. But I have noticed that when there is a "fee" to play most people do not want to hide caches in those parks. I don't really get it... I have a cache in Calvert Cliffs State Park -- and it is $5 to go in there -- although no one ever mans the pay station. But my cache sees plenty of action in the paid park! :D
Death Wish Dave
MGS Member

Post by Death Wish Dave »

Team Red Oak has several caches there and maintains a great relationship with the management there.
==============================================================================
The geocacher formerly know as CacheSKing.
SeeKPeeKRs
MGS Member

Post by SeeKPeeKRs »

Oma S wrote:This might be a good place to mention that Groundspeak has premium memberships available for land management folks. Let's encourage these folks to join in the fun.
I didn't know that; it is good to know. I will definitely keep this in mind when talking with land managers and getting permission for hides. :D
Just do it!