Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

GCH4A4 Sunday Feb. 26 (This Sunday)

Plan your group hikes/get-togethers, discuss caches in need of TLC/adoption plus new & favorite caches, as well as park/geocacher relations.
GR8CACHES
MGS Member

GCH4A4 Sunday Feb. 26 (This Sunday)

Post by GR8CACHES »

I know this is kind of late but this trip just came together that way. A few of us are continuing our assault on Maryland's 5 oldest cache types. The plan is to meet at parking at 9:15 AM. GC2JQ8Y will get you to parking. From there we plan on hiking 4-6 miles. This area is tough and the hike will not be easy so just keep that in mind if you want to join in. During that hike we plan on getting the other caches all the way to GC33GPX. Then ending at GC1CQHK where we will shuttle back to beginning. We are placing a car at this location prior to the start time. Please post if you are going to meet us there so we know to be looking for you. Come prepared as this will be the toughest of all the trips so far.
Attachments
Triangle-Caches-Map.png
lpaulriddle
MGS Director

Re: GCH4A4 Sunday Feb. 26 (This Sunday)

Post by lpaulriddle »

Good luck at "Triangle"!

Does your group have plans to tackle any of the letterbox hybrids on the list? I've found "THE Herrington Manor", but need the other 4. I do have plans to attempt "Dragon's Tooth" in the near future.

Other than the 4 hybrids, all I need is "Awakening", which I figure shouldn't require a group effort (although with me, you never know :D).
Georick402
MGS Member

Post by Georick402 »

Last minute trips. They don't bother me, but the wife isn't a fan of them. But 99% of the time she's okay with allowing me to go and play. Count me in, unless we have plans with our granddaughter. I'll repost a definite answer soon.
Georick402
MGS Member

Post by Georick402 »

Making it official. I'll be there.
Snurt
MGS Director

Post by Snurt »

I will meet you guys at Pogo Camp, unless there's an attempt at 'Triangle,' in which case I will meet you there. I will be hiking up from Thurston-Griggs. I can also help ferry weary hikers back to their vehicles if needed. Weather looks great, bring cameras, but cooler than today.
UFF298
MGS Member

Post by UFF298 »

Sounds like fun, so count me in. See you in the morning.
tazscouter
MGS Officer

Post by tazscouter »

I would love to meet you but I've been under the weather this week so going to stay home and rest. Be safe.
Georick402
MGS Member

Post by Georick402 »

Silly me. Or should it be, STUPID me. I finally got on the computer to load these caches into my GPS, and I notice I have found everyone. So I'll be skipping this trip. SORRY. I didn't find A Triangle is a Perfect Square, but I do have the final coords. GeoAPPs and I was there and couldn't locate it. We said we'd go back together so I'll do that another day. If anyone wants to be nice and send me a spoiler photo, I'll hide 5 more new caches.