Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Lexington Park Geotrail

What's New And Exciting in Geocaching
Dr.MD
MGS Member

Re: Lexington Park Geotrail

Post by Dr.MD »

Here is the final version of the passport. The caches are scheduled to go live tomorrow morning.
Attachments
Lex_Passport.pdf
Lexington Park Passport Final
(9.84 KiB) Downloaded 4937 times
Calvertcachers
Former MGS Officer

Post by Calvertcachers »

A big THANKS to Terri for coordinating the new Lexington Park Geotrail :applause:

We made our way to LP after attending the morning event in Laurel. We had a great time finding all of the caches and we enjoyed learning about the history of the area. It was great to see many geo-friends from all over Maryland, Delaware and Virginia at the event. The birthday cake was super yummy too!

After the event, we made our way to the shop to collect our geocoin. Very beautiful!
Lil Crab was SO excited to earn his first geocoin. The folks at the store loved the look on his face when she gave him his coin. Lil Crab was very proud.

Again, our thanks to Terri, Billy & Lori for all your work on this project. Good job!!
VinceHayter
MGS Member

Post by VinceHayter »

I concur with CC; very nicely done! SeeKPeeKRs, lil rye and I had a really good time. It was short, but it fit into the afternoon perfectly for me and the coin was an excellent and the event was a nice touch too! :applause:
-remember when QotM used to be a thing? :roll:
DudleyGrunt
MGS Member

Post by DudleyGrunt »

I really wish I could have made the event, but had a rendez-vous planned with a couple old HS/college friends.

I did finally get the LP Webcam logged while I was down there. Yay! I also stopped and tried for a TerraCache at Greenwell SP, but had no luck with that one.

The best part was that my son (JuniorNimrod) came along with me and actually had a good time. Thanks, Terri!
Happy Trails! :smt006

Image Image Image

We never seek things for themselves—what we seek is the very seeking of things. - Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
Terri
MGS Member

Post by Terri »

FYI I stopped by the store where you get your coin today. About 1/4th the coins are gone.

I'm trying to keep up with all cache issues as soon as they come to my attention so no one has to make serveral trips or go home empty handed. If you could give me a call (301-904-8998) if you discover a problem, I will get to it or have someone get to it ASAP.

Thanks and I hope everyone is having fun.
nighthawk700
MGS Member

Post by nighthawk700 »

Terri wrote:FYI I stopped by the store where you get your coin today. About 1/4th the coins are gone.

I'm trying to keep up with all cache issues as soon as they come to my attention so no one has to make serveral trips or go home empty handed. If you could give me a call (301-904-8998) if you discover a problem, I will get to it or have someone get to it ASAP.

Thanks and I hope everyone is having fun.
Okay, so you probably heard about the Grocery cache not having the stickers. I did the trail this morning (about 9-11 am). Had a blast, and the coin is beautiful. Thanks so much. Will have to wait until the rugrats are watching TV or are in bed before I can start my logging. ;-)

The people at the store were very friendly, same at the barber shop where I got the webcam. Then I went up to zombie territory and knocked out 4 new D/Ts. Also finally got Three T's. A very caching adventuresome day!!
Moonpie10
MGS Member

Post by Moonpie10 »

We picked up our coin today. Finished the trail last weekend but missed the closing time by a few minutes. enjoyable expreiance at the store today. Thanks for putting the effort into getting this pulled together.
One can learn something new everyday while geocaching if one isn't carefull.
Terri
MGS Member

Post by Terri »

Nighthawk700- I saw your interest in the small synagogue that you pass on the way into the park. I'm not sure when exactly it was built but I'm guessing early 60's because a friend of mine attended there. She actually lived just a few houses down on Midway where her parents still live. So, for as long as I remember it's been there. A couple of my college professor's from St Mary's College of Md were very active there. Recently, I've been seeing community blurbs in the local paper about services so I'm hoping that means the membership is growing. It is the only synagogue I know of in the southern MD area. I may be wrong here and there may be one in Charles county.
cooley1103
Former MGS Officer

Post by cooley1103 »

The Zombie Horde really enjoyed the trail this past Saturday. 12 adults, 5 children, and 1 baby Zombie made the run through Lexington Park.

When we went to pick up the coin, the shop owner was a little startled at first. Her words were, "Wow, we have never had this many people in the store at one time!" I think most of us did a quick look around the shop, but it was close to closing time and we did not want to hold her up.
Corfmania
Former MGS Officer

Post by Corfmania »

Just called and they still have coins. Hoping to head out on the trail tomorrow. If anyone is interested in sharing good times and gas, please call. I'm in the contacts thread. :dance:
ScottNtheGirls
MGS Member

Post by ScottNtheGirls »

My girls and I just did all 12 this afternoon. I even "dragged" my sniffly six-year old daughter along-- 4+ miles on foot, and we drove to 1/2 of them. We started at 11:30, took a break for lunch, took another 45 minute break to play at Nicolette Park, and still found all 12 caches before 5pm (barely). We got to the store about 5 minutes after 5, and as I had hoped, he was still open, closing up with one last customer. We were #100 on the list, so it seems there are still plenty of coins to be earned. Girls had a great time (even the littlest). We even ran between the last couple finds as we were quickly running out of daylight and business hours at the store! (Too much play time, I guess). Thanks so much to all who put this together. Great coin, too. Even better memories.
-Scott
lpyankeefan
MGS Officer

Post by lpyankeefan »

Looks like a road trip is in order to get this one done in the near future. I think I might be able to persuade the oldest of The_Incredibles to come along with some barbeque or hot wings. :-)

LPYankeeFan 8)
Hagerstown, MD
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
WanderingRedneck
MGS Member

Post by WanderingRedneck »

We completed the trail yesterday. It was nice to have one that could be knocked out in a few hours. A few of the caches are out of stickers though. We just made note of it on the passport and mentioned it when we collected the coins today. The lady at grapevine said they have been having issues with the stickers. The coin is awesome, thanks fpr the effort put into the trail. One suggestion might be to switch to code words for all of the caches.
Terri
MGS Member

Post by Terri »

We're definitely thinking codes in the future, especially if the stickers keep disappearing.

Currently there are around 80 coins left. At tonight's Lexington Park Business and Community Association meeting the owners of the Grape Vine urged the group to order more coins. They have been thoroughly enjoying meeting all the wonderful cachers. Every cacher they have met has totally impressed them.
MiChSaWe
MGS Member

Post by MiChSaWe »

Does anybody know if there are any coins left for this?
Terri
MGS Member

Post by Terri »

When I checked last week (Wed), there were still around 20 coins left. I wouldn't put off doing this geotrail too long.
MiChSaWe
MGS Member

Post by MiChSaWe »

We came up from Richmond for this one! Made a mini vacation out of it. Thanks so much for putting this together. Very well done and a lovely coin at the end! We really enjoyed it and love your community. Thanks for the tour and the hospitality.
tillmas
MGS Member

Post by tillmas »

Tried to hack off half of the caches today. Found 5 before it got too dark. Three of the five didn't have stickers or words in them, making the passport kind of worthless. Couldn't find one of them at all after wandering around for 30 minutes. Frustrating day to say the least.
Terri
MGS Member

Post by Terri »

tillmas, feel free to give me a call---cell 301-904-8998, work 301-342-7641. I will be more than happy to help you. Yes, there are stickers missing and the store where you get your coins knows this. Hopefully, I can get out this weekend and fix the issue.

On the plus side, I'm going to try to meet with a coordinator with the Lexington Park Community and Business Association to work on a grant which would allow us to order more coins and help pay for some of the stuff needed for cache maintanance. Right now all maintnance is coming out of my pocket and there isn't much in there.
Bone_Collector
MGS Member

Post by Bone_Collector »

are coins still available?
Seek and you will find...
Matt. 7:7
Team CACHE N OUT