Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Who Has Finished MML 2013?

What's New And Exciting in Geocaching
timbee&suebee
MGS Member

Who Has Finished MML 2013?

Post by timbee&suebee »

After doing CAM 2012 last year we said we wouldn't do another trip across MD like that one. That was a lot of traveling! But when Timbee heard about MML he decided he had to participate and be one of the first 200 to meet the requirements and get the MML coin. We started on the MML caches right after the kickoff event in Hancock on the 5th last week and cached 5 days this week just for MML finds. Today (the 13th) we finished them up. We not only found the required 2 per district but a few more for good measure.

So how many other of you have finished all 10 districts?
OhMelli
MGS Member

Re: Who Has Finished MML 2013?

Post by OhMelli »

:lol: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :applause: I'm taking it a bit slower to complete... I want to spend probably a day - or at least a half a day in each district finding other caches in the area as well. I've noticed that it generally takes several months for the coins to go! But if I don't get one, it will be okay... cuz I still had the adventure! :dance:
BethanyInWonderland
Former MGS Officer

Post by BethanyInWonderland »

I finished on Saturday, January 12th, but couldn't help getting an extra one yesterday! I hope to get all of then in the series eventually.
Calvertcachers
Former MGS Officer

Post by Calvertcachers »

BethanyInWonderland wrote:I finished on Saturday, January 12th, but couldn't help getting an extra one yesterday! I hope to get all of then in the series eventually.

Way to go!! :groupwave1

Hope you enjoyed the trail!
SoMDVet
MGS Member

Post by SoMDVet »

MrsSoMDVet and I finnished up on 20 Jan. Great trail. Really enjoyed some of the new towns on the trail.
mjb007
MGS Member

Post by mjb007 »

Ragtop86 and our team also finished on 1/20. I finished our logging on the 21st and sent in our passport on the 22nd.

Thanks to those who put in all the hard work setting this up!
sircurly
Former MGS Officer

Post by sircurly »

I finished up the last two districts I needed with western MD today.
TeamPanda173
MGS Member

Post by TeamPanda173 »

Finished up this weekend with A local group of Columbia cachers. This was an absolute blast! Really enjoyed all the unique places and views this trail brought us to. Well done to all the hiders and people who made this awesome trail possible. Truly enjoyed it!!!
LynchTrekkers
MGS Member

Post by LynchTrekkers »

Also finished with TeamPanda and FooFinders. Just gotta remember to send in the Passport. Great time with great friends, going to new places. What's not to love? A big thanks to all those who set this up. Now it's time to rest up for CAM 2013(our first attempt). :D
cooley1103
Former MGS Officer

Post by cooley1103 »

I finished zones 1 and 2 today and stop by and picked up my coin. He said they have issued about 100 so far.
Calvertcachers
Former MGS Officer

Post by Calvertcachers »

WOW, lots of folks sure made quick work of finishing the trail!!
We hope you enjoyed all the hides and towns!
Congrats to all :applause:
HOOTnOWL
MGS Member

Post by HOOTnOWL »

We attended the Perryville Event on January 5th and started caching from there. Headed South to Delmar...Then headed North...Crossed the Bay at Annapolis...Headed back South...Headed North and West...Stayed in Cumberland the Night of Jan 8th...Then the morning of January 9th we traveled to Garrett County to Finish our fun-filled journey through the Beautiful State of Maryland...As we traveled through your State we also finished gathering the rest of the Counties for the All County Challenge...We only needed a few as we had previously Finished the Captain John Smith and the Star-Spangled Banner Trails...Hoping to finish the All County Challenge when the CAM Caches are released...Received the Beautiful MML Coin on Jan 17th and the Brunswick Pathtag on February 2nd...Thanks to ALL who placed interesting caches on another fun Maryland Geo-Trail... :smt006
hunterKat
Former MGS Officer

Post by hunterKat »

I finished on February 2nd, never expecting to meet the coin challenge requirements this quickly. But when I heard that the group from Ohio stopped in Annapolis to collect their coins within a couple days of launch, I knew I had to push through quickly! I enjoyed this as much as the first one, and found a couple more places to go back and spend a day (and money) at. Oh yeah - already "invested" at one of the MMLs! :lol: Didn't get to a couple that I wanted to - yet, but found a few other interesting caches along the way, in areas where I don't normally travel. Another great series! :D
Difficult paths often lead to beautiful places.
TheWeatherWarrior
MGS Member

Post by TheWeatherWarrior »

Wait...question. I see that most of the 2013 MMLs are the same as the 2012 (or previous years). I thought that was against Geocaching rules.

Some time back I attempted to do an "annual" cache related to the Cherry Blossoms down in Kenwood (Bethesda), Maryland...but the reviewer told me I had to pick a different location if I wanted to have a new cache each year.

Still like that I got a FTF on the first day of the first ever MML and it was my first ever FTF (I think I only have two) and it of course was on January 1st.
cooley1103
Former MGS Officer

Post by cooley1103 »

All of the older MML's were archived late last year to open space for the new ones. Each city works with a volunteer cacher, or vice versa, on where to place the cache. Together they stock the cache and then place it. In some instances, "if it aint broke then don't fix it" is a good mentality for some of these cities on the location.

Side note: When the old MML's were archived the chairs of the MML committee offered the old caches and locations to the people that hid the caches for the first trail to adopt. Some were re-listed as new caches while others were just removed during the archival process.
TheWeatherWarrior
MGS Member

Ah...OK, that makes more sense. I guess they were not archived each year, just the once. I guess I'll have to revisit some locations to log them again. I had a mixed reaction to them. Originally they were great, then saw a lot of "advertising" with them (the whole "subscribe to our magazine" BS). I haven't seen that since I've started paying attention again. I actually like the idea...and hope there is a similar series in Florida that I can do once I move.
Oma S
MGS Member

Post by Oma S »

I finished the MML trail this past Sunday. I live in Carroll County, so I took several days to get it done. 2 finds in Carroll Co. and 2 in Harford Co where I care for my grandson only took a few hours each. The others were day trips with 2 finds only - one to Eastern Shore, one to Southern MD, one trip to Montgomery and Frederick Co. and the last day trip to western MD. I took one family member with me on each trip and that made it very special for both of us. The MML received my log today, so I hope to have my coin soon. This was my first MML trail and truly enjoyed every minute.
God bless,
Oma S
TheWeatherWarrior
MGS Member

Anyone keep track of their driving mileage? Wondering how much actual fuel money this would cost to accomplish.
cooley1103
Former MGS Officer

Post by cooley1103 »

TheWeatherWarrior wrote:Anyone keep track of their driving mileage? Wondering how much actual fuel money this would cost to accomplish.
I don't have an exact distance, but here is a rough estimate of trying to hit the best possible path if you did it all in one day starting in your District (District 5):

Google says: 766 mi, 15 hours 52 mins

The path from district to district would be:
5 (Home) > 9 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 10 > 11 > 6 > 8 > 7 > 5 (Home)

Reminder: There is no district 3
Oma S
MGS Member

Post by Oma S »

Oma S wrote:The MML received my log today, so I hope to have my coin soon.
I received my geocoin today and it's beautiful. I'm looking forward to CAM 2013 and Lord willing, more MML trails in the future.

See you "in the field" and God bless,
Oma S