Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

What are your "Must Stop" places during CAM?

Discussion of CAM, the CAM caches, etc. NO SPOILERS PLEASE!
jerkybill
MGS Member

Re: What are your "Must Stop" places during CAM?

Post by jerkybill »

The Farmers Wife-- on the way to the eastern shore... OYSTER PO BOYS!!!!!
Kame Troll
MGS Member

Post by Kame Troll »

Oh, Duncan's Bar & Grill in Frostburg! It was great when I went there during college, and has been upgraded, but still has this great home made food, best being the fresh French fries, and killer chili. SO GOOD. Right on Main St, aka Rt 40.
"Not all those who wander are lost" JRR Tolkien
angeloak
MGS Member

Post by angeloak »

Terp79 and I found a good Mexican/Cuban/Spanish/Latin American place in Prince Frederick today between CAM caches. If you need a meal in that area during CAM, we can recommend the Fiesta Bar & Grill. The owner is very friendly, and actually made a dish for me that wasn't on the 5 page menu after finding out what I was looking for.
tinycacher70
MGS Member

Post by tinycacher70 »

Dillicache and I our must stop place is Texas BBQ & Rib place on 301 Laplata, MD. Originally we had stumpled acrossed it while caching with Humphr1d a couple of years back. We seem to be finding ourselves going back from trips coming and going to Va. Great food and friendly staff. I would definitely check this place out.
4lostmarbles!
MGS Member

Post by 4lostmarbles! »

When we are traveling out through western MD, we love to stop at Fatboy's Pizza Shack in Frostburg. Enormous pepperonis on the pizza and delicious sauce.
ToeJam89
MGS Member

Post by ToeJam89 »

My husband and I fell in love with 2 places that we will continue to visit now that we know about them..1)French Twist Cafe in Sykesville best Crepes I have EVER had. Totally recommend the crab meat one for savory and the fresh berry one for sweet!! 2)The Vine on Main (also called Cork and Bottle) is a cute little shop that offers all kinds of cute handmade fair trade items from around the world and if you like wine, she has an amazing selection that you can try before you buy. The owner of this shop also has the restaurant in the train station and she was super friendly and shared all kinds of little known facts about the building!!
joejackson
MGS Member

Post by joejackson »

Last year, while working on the Bridges Whereigo CAM bonus, I came across Chubbies BBQ in Emmitsburg with jlridge0929. Don't let the outside of the building scare you off. I highly recommend stopping here while finding A Tour of Emmitsburg!
fuzzydave
MGS Officer

Post by fuzzydave »

After the Oakley Cabin cam cache in Brookville, I suggest Brookeville Beer Farm and/or Brew Belly in Olney. Both are a good way to replenish your calories.
lpaulriddle
MGS Director

Post by lpaulriddle »

When we dry-ran the southern Maryland CAM caches last month, we stopped at The Foxy Fish in Mechanicsville. It was a great hole-in-the-wall seafood place. I had a halibut sandwich, and it was a lot of fish for the money. It's a convenient stop about midway between the McGruder's Landing and Greenwell SP CAM sites, right along the main drag.
MersonMonkeys
MGS Member

Post by MersonMonkeys »

So, today we finished the Frederick walk about cache. We wanted to support a local, small business in light of COVID-19 and the lack of business these local restaurants are getting.

We stopped by a place called: Beef 'n Buns 'n Paradise on East Patrick Street.

The food was to die for. We had the hot dogs and burgers and both were outstanding. We also had the ice cream which was also great.

Highly recommend it!
Cyberkids
MGS Member

Post by Cyberkids »

We stopped at Bay Shore Steam Pot, 111 E. Water St., Centreville, MD for lunch. Carry out only. Delicious cod fish sandwich with side of onion rings. We were stuffed.