Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

CAM 2014 - Fairland Regional Park

Discussion of CAM, the CAM caches, etc. NO SPOILERS PLEASE!
deepdish23
MGS Director

CAM 2014 - Fairland Regional Park

Post by deepdish23 »

You may log caches for CAM here. No spoilers please! On May 3rd you will be able to log them on geocaching.com.
TheLoneBaker
MGS Member

Re: CAM 2014 - Fairland Regional Park

Post by TheLoneBaker »

Made my way out here today figuring I could get a first to find on the closest CAM cache to where I live. It was still dark but I wanted to make sure I was ready to go the moment dawn arrived. Ran into a snag though when my newly repaired car died on me as I was getting ready to make one of the final turns. Thankfully a couple minutes later it started back up. I arrived on the scene to discover I was not the first to arrive despite it being only 6:30 in the morning. But as sunrise wasn't until just after 7 we were all waiting before heading out for the cache. Finally it was time and we started the hike just as yet another car pulled up. After finding the cache we had just put it back when another large group of geocachers approached. We waited for them and then headed off to get first to find on the nearby bonus cache.

Thanks for the cache!
cashcounter
MGS Member

Post by cashcounter »

First CAM cache of our 2nd CAM! Found with Jg5387! Sl.
And jg5387
SKI_THE_SUMMIT
MGS Member

Post by SKI_THE_SUMMIT »

We didn't start until the afternoon and went here first since it was the closest. Also did the bonus before heading to the next cache.
Pandamandium
MGS Member

Post by Pandamandium »

Last Cache of the day and our fourth CAM cache It was a really great start to this year's CAM and I could not of asked for a nicer day. We did a little bit of bushwhacking on one of the bonus that wasn't absolutely necessary but thats the way you discover great thing sometime. A really nice area to enjoy the day
SoMDVet
MGS Member

Post by SoMDVet »

#6 found 3/22/14
Last cache of the day. Bushwacked straight to the cache. Phone died so I did not get the bonus cache. Off to home.
ameliagrace
MGS Member

Post by ameliagrace »

This was the last CAM cache for us merry band of cachers. We ran into Mr. Sircurly and Mrs. Janji. They were signing the logbook when we arrived and let us join in on their group. Thanks for the really fun CAM day. Then we had a good dinner at a place called CJ's Ferrari in Laurel, MD it had a pasta named after me called it Amelia Pasta. No one bought it though.
TeamRedOak
MGS Member

Post by TeamRedOak »

3/23 Out today with CahceSKing & Phoenixfire76. It's was a good day to be out and in the woods.
Firestorm911
MGS Member

Post by Firestorm911 »

Showed up Bright and Early on 3/22 with GirlWizard, TwistedWhiskers, and LittleBearRiley. Met TheLoneBaker and a few others as soon as we pulled in and got back in time for the big shared FTF with the group. Exciting day and Exciting start for LittleBearRiley especially. First GeoCache EVER, First CAM Cache, and First FTF all in one shot! I dont think I have ever been so happy to see CAM come around again.
Death Wish Dave
MGS Member

Post by Death Wish Dave »

This was the second CAM cache of this year for me. Enjoyed the trip with Phoenixfyre76 and Team Red Oak. Made a quick whack to the CAM hide. The folks at the basketball courts have got to be wondering what is going on back in those woods! Thanks for the CAM cache.
==============================================================================
The geocacher formerly know as CacheSKing.
Bocco
MGS Member

Post by Bocco »

CAM #2 03/23/2014
We were just about to sign the log when we saw the Calvertcachers crew coming through the woods. We quickly rehid the cache and stepped back from gz before they arrived. Princess Meli and Lil Crab were quick to make the find. It was so much fun to watch the real pros go about finding the cache. Then, while we were discussing who gets which swag, another group of cachers arrived. By the time Mr. B, Lil Crab and Princess Meli finished trading cache swag, a fourth group of cachers arrived! That was a regular meet and greet right there at Fairland Park. Thanks so much for the fun CAM cache.
WWCD
MGS Member

Post by WWCD »

So much fun to run into so many cachers here today -- thanks for the fun.
TeamPanda173
MGS Member

Post by TeamPanda173 »

Found this one today along with the bonus cache. Saw a bunch of deer along the path. Great way to start CAM.
dixiegurl827
MGS Member

Post by dixiegurl827 »

#5 of 6 for the day!
We made the drive from Southern Maryland to the park. This is a nice park. Many families were enjoying the area and the beautiful day! We made our way to GZ and found the cache quickly. As we were finishing up, another pair of cachers happened upon us. We chatted for a couple of minutes, but had to get the companion cache and head out! TFTC
BethanyInWonderland
Former MGS Officer

Post by BethanyInWonderland »

3/22/14 - #1 of CAM 2014 - Picked up 2 dogs & a lady early from her house and met the mmacfarland family at the closest McD's to wait for the magic moment when the CAM caches were published to the forum. Once we realized how close this one was, we headed that way and parked...and waited...and met a nice woman with a dog who was walking in the park before dawn. :shame:
Given her facial expression at the sight of so many people, we knew she hadn't been out caching in the park. Just as our group was done signing, several more cachers arrived - leading to a huge group FTF on this cache (2 dogs & a lady, mmacfarland, TheLoneBaker, Zorrobarnes, Firestorm911, GirlWizard, TwistedWhiskers, LittleBearRiley, gabi&beecharmer13 and me).

Thanks for all the hard work of putting together CAM!
sfcchaz
MGS Member

Post by sfcchaz »

CAM Cache find #5 - #11 of 15 for the day, 6 of which were CAM 2014 caches. I spent the day in the wizard and Suzanne mobile along with CodyHollowFarm for a fun-filled first day of CAM caching. We signed the logs with WSSC AAF to conserve space. [:)]

This was a nice little trek out to GZ to make the find on this nicely hidden cache. This is a very nice park and it was getting a lot of use in all areas today with the great weather for this first day of CAM. [:)] TNLN TFTC
LynchTrekkers
MGS Member

Post by LynchTrekkers »

Grabbed our second CAM 2014 cache today on the way home from work. Hope I don't start to get spoiled with a cache so close. This is a great park for off-road biking.
WJ family
MGS Member

Post by WJ family »

Went at lunch today for our first 2014 CAM cache. This one's close to work, though the rest...not so much
zorrobarnes
MGS Member

Post by zorrobarnes »

*** FTF #111 *** on Saturday, March 22, 2014. First CAM 2014 cache for us turned out to be about 6 miles from home. As we did last year, we started our CAM run from home and as we did last year we were pleased to participate in a group FTF. We went on with the group to be the first to find on the bonus cache nearby. TFTH.
thewoodenradio
MGS Member

Post by thewoodenradio »

It's not snowing today, so it is a good day to cache. Footprints in the snow looked like they went in the correct direction, but they kept going long past the most logical place to get to the cache, they must have been dog-walkers or someone just wanting to get out and enjoy the outdoors without a GPS.

Pulled into theparking lot and found another couple getting ready, So the three of us went out looking for the goodies at the end of the trail.