Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

CAM 2014 - Fairland Regional Park

Discussion of CAM, the CAM caches, etc. NO SPOILERS PLEASE!
USN Radio Chief
MGS Member

Re: CAM 2014 - Fairland Regional Park

Post by USN Radio Chief »

This one closes out CAM 2014 for BaltoAndrew and I. After exploring the Daniels area we drove the 15 minutes to Fairland Regional Park to make find 10 of 10. See ya'll at the Pic - I - Nic .
joejackson
MGS Member

Post by joejackson »

I haven’t been to this park since I did the Legend of Zelda caches. Abby has never been to this park, except to play tennis on the Old Gunpowder Road side. We definitely picked a beautiful day to get our 6th and 7th CAM caches for 2014. On our way down the trail, we met peepers3 who commented on our matching shirts. Yes, we're geocaching geeks. Abby says that I’m the geocaching geek, but she put the shirt on too!

Anyway, we left peepers3 and headed down the trail. We found a nice spot to leave the trail, and found the cache pretty quickly. I dropped a couple of CAM 2014 pins while Abby signed the log. We also found the bonus cache, which ended up giving us a roughly 2 mile hike around here today.

TFTC!
Snurt
MGS Director

Post by Snurt »

Fairland Park – 4/25/2014

Being a week day, and Friday, I stayed off the major and secondary roads to wend my way into PG on deep country roads. Glad I did. It was a fine morning and the ride through the hamlets and by-ways was satisfying. I saw the pix on the cache page but decided to find my way directly to gz. Quick find, selfie’d, signed the log, read the logbook, perused the swag and did a little jig.

Eight down, two to go. Thank You.
dcdawn
MGS Member

Post by dcdawn »

4/26. Thanks for taking me to this lovely park! The prospect of a sunny day made seeking out my 9th CAM 2014 cache very attractive, so I woke up early and braved the Saturday morning traffic, only to find the parking area crowded with runners. They started their 5- and 10K runs within moments of my hitting the trail. I did manage to beat SOME of them to the finish line, despite my lack of confidence in my GPSr (and subsequent excessive bushwhacking). At one point my strategy was to sit on a convenient log and wait for another geocacher to save me. Sadly, none came so I resumed my search and naturally found the cache soon after. I did a happy dance, then headed out for NUMBER TEN!
spongebuddies
MGS Member

Post by spongebuddies »

Actually found this last Saturday, but its been one of those weeks! We had to avoid a few mountain bikers on our way through. Nice park with plenty of activity on this nice day. Thankfully this was a ways away from the main crowds. TFTFun!