Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Who Has Completed CAM 2014?

Discussion of CAM, the CAM caches, etc. NO SPOILERS PLEASE!
Architech_tonic
MGS Member

Re: Who Has Completed CAM 2014?

Post by Architech_tonic »

Hi all,

Lackadaisical_me and I completed CAM last Sunday, April 19. :applause: We're looking forward to seeing everyone at the picnic. :o

Best,
coupleocachers
Former MGS Officer

Post by coupleocachers »

We finished on Saturday. As usual lil bro dbzdude was with us. We also got to complete CAM with cousin ConConGirl and our little girl AmeliaGrace for the first time.
We are now Mr. And Mrs. Coupleocachers and Proud parents of AmeliaGrace
alikat17
MGS Member

2014 CAM Completion

Post by alikat17 »

Just checking to see if you received my 2014 CAM completion email and when will the decoder be sent?

alikkat17
cooley1103
Former MGS Officer

Post by cooley1103 »

Yes we received your confirmation.

The decoder can be found in Download 1
spongebuddies
MGS Member

Post by spongebuddies »

Wooo Hooooo we did it, but finished the latest we ever have. We had a trip planned to the eastern shore, so we just planned on doing the two over there this past weekend. Looking forward to the picnic!
DayzLikeThese
MGS Member

Post by DayzLikeThese »

FINALLY! We are all finished as of today! This was our first time attempting CAM and boy did we cut it close, we didn't even start until the beginning of this month and had one day each week so we definitely crammed it in and had to finish Patapsaco in the rain/darkness today but it was totally worth it. Many thanks to the cache owners and everyone else involved that made this happen. See everybody at the picnic!

Bruce n Lori
ProdigiousOne
MGS Member

Post by ProdigiousOne »

It is with a great sense of relief that I'm posting that I've completed my first CAM as of yesterday at 7:47pm. Woo baby! I was treated to a colorful sunset inching into the water at the last cache (that picture will definitely be entered in the photo contest) :D

After a crazy and memorable opening day touring the western part of the state with Alzarius (we managed a FTF and four caches on that trip) and then three more caches in the next few days, I thought it would be easy to finish well before the picnic. Well, family and work intervened and forced me to wonder whether I would be able to finish at all.

I got a late start yesterday leaving Mount Airy at 1:30 in the afternoon. I pulled back in the driveway at 10:30 that night after over 320 miles traveled to visit the remaining three caches on my list. What an incredible trip. Every cache was memorable. I only wish that I could have spent more time at each spot instead of rushing to beat the clock.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at the picnic!
Lostsole68
MGS Member

Post by Lostsole68 »

I completed the 10th for CAM yesterday in Southern Maryland. I took of the day and had a nice drive with a friend. Cached down to St Mary's Park to grab the most southern DeLorme page at 10pm in the rain. I enjoyed all the parks for the CAM and will be back to a few just to visit the park. I will see everyone at the picnic.
----------------
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."
-----------------
familygeek
MGS Member

Post by familygeek »

Is there a way we can confirm the decode was successfull. There were several letters which I feel could be different numbers. Some numbers seem to cover clusters of 2 letters while others 3.
cooley1103
Former MGS Officer

Post by cooley1103 »

There is a geochecker in the cache page