Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Getting excited about CAM 2015

Discussion of CAM, the CAM caches, etc. NO SPOILERS PLEASE!
zekester
MGS Member

Re: Getting excited about CAM 2015

Post by zekester »

The iPhone app Geosphere, which is far superior to Groundspeak's iPhone application, has direct integration with Dropbox. It allows you to import a GPX file directly from Dropbox, so by using it, you'd avoid the work-arounds listed previous;y in this thread. here's a link to it:

http://www.gbhometech.com/Geosphere/Home.html

Learning curve is a little steep, but well worth your time if your iPhone or iPad is your primary geocaching device.
hyperlightdrifter
MGS Member

Post by hyperlightdrifter »

This is our first CAM. What fun!!

A huge THANK YOU to everyone who is involved in organizing CAM, and who have clearly put so much effort into this event.

At first we weren't sure if we'd be able to complete all 10 caches, but we plan to finish our last 4 finds before the picnic :)
Geocaching username: CosmicDustOrb.
joejackson
MGS Member

Post by joejackson »

eissak wrote:The day a pathtag hits the store, Mark usually posts about it around 8pm that evening here on the forums.
Any word on when the CAM pathtags will be available?
joejackson
MGS Member

Post by joejackson »

joejackson wrote:
eissak wrote:The day a pathtag hits the store, Mark usually posts about it around 8pm that evening here on the forums.
Any word on when the CAM pathtags will be available?
Cool! Just placed my order for a 20-pack!
SeeKPeeKRs
MGS Member

Post by SeeKPeeKRs »

marylandrver wrote:I was all excited about trying CAM for the first time until this morning. This is something only computer owners can do?? My working equipment includes only iPad and iPhone. Is there someone who can tell me how to adapt download page for use with these?
MDrver …. Have you tried the Geosphere app? I have it on my iPhone and am 99% sure it is also available for the iPad …. No other electronics needed! (No more borrowing the laptop from the neighbors.) :wink:

I purchased the app ages ago and use it sporadically. I like it; I know people who use it regularly and they love it. I've heard it compared to GSAK. (I only have Apple stuff at home so am unable to use GSAK.) I don't remember the cost; it might have been close to $10.00, but I think if that is all you have, it is well worth it. It also have some the BEST tutorial videos built-in to the app …. There is a learning curve (why I use it sporadically), but the videos really help!

Don't give up on your CAM dream …. You can do it! If I can help, please PM me. I'll have one of my signature pathtags waiting for you at the CAM picnic. :-D
Just do it!
SeeKPeeKRs
MGS Member

Post by SeeKPeeKRs »

joejackson wrote:Any word on when the CAM pathtags will be available?
Joe, did you see the FB post Thursday, March 26, evening? Pathtags were made available and sold out within 12 hours …. I hope you got some! I missed out and am hoping to trade with eissak; she might have one if you didn't get yours ordered.
Just do it!
Death Wish Dave
MGS Member

Post by Death Wish Dave »

I will certainly have extra CAM tags at the picnic available for trade.
==============================================================================
The geocacher formerly know as CacheSKing.
joejackson
MGS Member

Post by joejackson »

OK, I'm the bad guy. I've been checking the Coins and Pins web site more or less every day after dinner hoping to see the MGS Spring pathtags show back up. I spotted the CAM 15 pathtags and took a wild guess (got it right the first time!) at the password and placed my order pretty early. So next year, you can all beat me up when the password is something like
"CAM2016(#$&9182374(#(&$&alljoe'sfault()U(#*$&."

But I got my order in!