Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

CAM 2015 - Thomas Stone

Discussion of CAM, the CAM caches, etc. NO SPOILERS PLEASE!
NJSquirrel
MGS Member

Re: CAM 2015 - Thomas Stone

Post by NJSquirrel »

I came down to southern MD on 4/16/15 to do some CAMs and fill in Delorme pages. I got 3 CAMs and 9 MD Delorme pages in all.

This was my second CAM stop after swinging through St. Mary's county. I got lucky and arrived around 2PM and the gate was open. I was able to park close and had a nice leisurely stroll to GZ. Be careful of the rusty fencing on the way in though. I almost took a spill when I didn't notice it.
Journey374
MGS Member

Post by Journey374 »

Found with jercad,fastangrybird,jbullfrog on 4/11/15 really enjoyed the area and this was a quick and easy cache and was able to get in and out before the gate close thanks for bringing us here.
SethW
MGS Member

Post by SethW »

Thanks to my misadventure--and probably because it was Sunday--I arrived at the park and found the gate closed. But I had read the note that walking the grounds during daylight was OK, so I parked my car to the side and in I went. Really, no troubles. The walk was longer because I couldn't drive in and park, but the walk wasn't bad. I found the cache and was back in my car before sunset (but not lots before sunset!). #6 of 10! TFTC!
SimmyJellers
MGS Member

Post by SimmyJellers »

4/25/2015
Out today with most of my best caching buddies, Charlie the Dog and Mrs Rynamon. More fun that a barrel of monkeys playing Parcheesi, as always. The purpose today was to finish CAM, find the last 4 we needed, and that happened. I have been here so many times now because of MD geocaching things. and it has to be the furthest point away from me in MD :) Thanks for the hide! CAM cache #8
Va_pirates
MGS Member

Post by Va_pirates »

4-26-15

Udderly and I stopped here to pick up our 4th CAM cache for the day. Since it was just after 4 the gates were closed, so we parked at the road not blocking the gates. Grabbed our bikes and headed to the cache. Quick grab and then we picked up two more in the park. Be careful of the bees near the tobacco barn. As we were headed back we noticed a police cruiser parked in front of the gate and an officer walking down the road towards us. The officer wanted to know why we were in the park after it was closed and he didn't seem overly happy. He explained that the local authorities had not been informed about allowing people into the park after hours. After explaining that there had been some arrangements made with the park ranger he did let us go and it was off to our last CAM cache
Udderly
MGS Member

Post by Udderly »

What a great park. I'm not sure why they are so stingy about where you can use bikes though, so we were only able to use them on gravel paths. So, a quick grab of the CAM (#4 for the day, and #9 overall) and 2 other caches. On the way back to the car though, there was a Sherriff waiting, as they local Sherriff's department hadn't been notified there were hours available other than what is posted on the sign, and their understanding is, if the gate is locked, the park is closed. But, he was a reasonable person, and when we explained our activity, he let us go without a citation. Off to the last cache, before sundown, lol. TFTH!
dbzdude
MGS Member

Post by dbzdude »

I think this one was number #5, but anyways. Amelia found a cute hat. At the actual cache, Amelia wouldn't walk any farther unless I followed. A great deal of "Come, Co-E" as if I were a dog. Woof-woof. Great historical location as well.