Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

CAM 2015 - WMRT

Discussion of CAM, the CAM caches, etc. NO SPOILERS PLEASE!
joejackson
MGS Member

Re: CAM 2015 - WMRT

Post by joejackson »

It rained as I was leaving the house. But, wait, didn’t the forecast call for lots of sun? By the time I got to Hagerstown, it was pretty sunny, and it stayed nice for the rest of the day.

I spotted DudleyGrunt’s Cache Retrieval Vehicle in the parking lot, and crossed paths with him as he was coming back from this cache. We parted ways, and I continued down the trail. Made the find pretty quickly. I left 2 CAM 2015 pins and 2 CAM 2015 pathtags. Hope somebody grabs them!

5 down, 5 to go. Halfway there!
TeamRedOak
MGS Member

Post by TeamRedOak »

# 6 4/5/15 Happy Easter. Today Mr. TRO had off so we decided it was a good day to go for a bike ride. We arrived at the parking lot around 10:00. it was sunny and 41 degrees with the promise of mid 60's today. We biked to the CAM cache and then found the bonus caches on the way back. It was great to see Janji & Umar walking and we had a nice chat with Daisy Chain and her caching partner whose name I didn't get. Before the day was out temps reached 70 degrees. It was a great day.
Last edited by TeamRedOak on Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
spikep
Former MGS Officer

Post by spikep »

4/4 - The Zombie Horde get up waaaay to early and drove up to Hancock. We had a great breakfast at a small little place before heading to the cache in the rain. SOMDVet made the find, we signed and got out of there before we got soaked.
zombieiz
MGS Member

Post by zombieiz »

April 4th - We left southern maryland at like 530am to get to this cache early. At least we had breakfast before the cache. Then it started pouring. We grabbed the cache to start our day to complete CAM. CAM Cache # 6.
ZombieLena
MGS Member

Post by ZombieLena »

Found with the Zombie Horde in the rain.
fuzzydave
MGS Officer

Post by fuzzydave »

Got this one this morning. Today was my 20th consecutive day with one find. Parked in the usual spot and bike the mile or so to gz for the easy grab. 8 of 10 for me.
funtime cruisers
MGS Member

Post by funtime cruisers »

CAM # 4 for us. Left home at 5:20 am to start our CAM'ing day. Arrived at WMRT to find there was a marathon just starting. We let the start and then off we went...Found WMRT Bounty, WMRT Bonus, & WMRT Extra and then found the CAM cache. Hiked back to car to head to Green Brier. Drove a block and remembered we wanted to get Bike Maryland. So we turned around, parked near gz and began our search. Found within 5 minutes, signed log and scooted off...
Zepp914
MGS Member

Post by Zepp914 »

This was a fun cache. We rented bikes and grabbed the CAM cache first. We ran into a family of cachers who were on foot near the CAM cache. As we went back and grabbed the bonuses, they were able to pass us. It takes my little man way too long to trade swag. :lol:

This was our last cache. Whew that was fun.
fuzzydave
MGS Officer

Post by fuzzydave »

fuzzydave wrote:Got this one this morning. Today was my 200th consecutive day with one find. Parked in the usual spot and bike the mile or so to gz for the easy grab. 8 of 10 for me.
Bocco
MGS Member

Post by Bocco »

04/18 #8
We always have a lovely time when we explore the WMRT, and today was no exception. We walked up the trail with K9 Geep and our two dogs, enjoying the warm sunny weather and beautiful spring scenery. After we did the CAM cache we took the Geeps to see Sidling Hill. They were very impressed with the cut and the views. Thanks for a memorable CAM cache!
ameliagrace
MGS Member

Post by ameliagrace »

4/25/15

Last CAM cache of the Day and Last CAM cache overall. After leaving Greenbrier, I fell asleep in the car quickly. When we arrived at the WMRT Mommy carried me about .3 before I woke up. I saw where we were and I wanted to get down and stretch my little legs. I liked this cache as well. It was fun to run back and forth around the CAM caches. We had a really great time. Mommy had to carry me on the way from the CAM cache back to the parking lot. But they let me run some more. My little legs were tired by the time we were done today. It was great.
This completes my Second CAM. And I got to walk a whole lot this year. I can't wait until next year where I think they will let me walk even more..

#10 out of 10 CAM Caches Complete.
coupleocachers
Former MGS Officer

Post by coupleocachers »

4/25/2015

Last CAM cache of the day. The walk to this cache was awesome. We stopped and grabbed the extra caches along the way. AmeliaGrace was running around with some fun. She was enjoying this trail. We hiked from the parking coordinates it was a gorgeous walked. We started at 9 am at Whitemarsh and finished at 5:30 pm with the CAM cache. This was a fantastic CAM trip. Thanks for placing this one and all the others.

#10 out of 10

Total for the Day
1 McDonalds
1 Sheetz
1 Sonic
30 Caches
285 Miles
We are now Mr. And Mrs. Coupleocachers and Proud parents of AmeliaGrace
SethW
MGS Member

Post by SethW »

I think this was the longest walk of all the CAM caches, but the trail couldn't be better. I picked up the bonus caches along the way. #10 of 10!
Va_pirates
MGS Member

Post by Va_pirates »

My only CAM cache for the day but I did get 17 others. Enjoyed the hike, I didn't bring my bike, and the extra caches along the route. Cached some in Hancock and then back home through Berkeley Springs
NJSquirrel
MGS Member

Post by NJSquirrel »

I'm traveling to western Maryland today to pick up some CAM 2015 caches. Along the way I decided to pick up other quality caches to fill in various Delorme and Counties as I go.

This was my ninth stop. I didn't have a bike so I set off on foot. After a 1 mile journey I walked up the geotrail and made a quick find. Thanks for another CAM.

4 to go...
dbzdude
MGS Member

Post by dbzdude »

The final of CAM Caches. This one is in my top #5 because I found out without a GPS or any help. I just told my adrenaline to not give up on me, and coincidentally once it did I found the cache. Looking forward to the picnic. AmeliaGrace likes running.