Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

CAM 2017 coins

Discussion of CAM, the CAM caches, etc. NO SPOILERS PLEASE!
ZombieHNTR
MGS Member

CAM 2017 coins

Post by ZombieHNTR »

Although disappointing, I would just like to say thank you to all the MGS officers and volunteers that make CAM such a great event year after year! It was the CAM event that brought me back to geocaching 5 years ago after an almost 6 year absence from the game.

Thank you for all that you do!

ZombieHNTR
A.K.A. Bill

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
MersonMonkeys
MGS Member

Re: CAM 2017 coins

Post by MersonMonkeys »

Hosting events with this many people and of this amount of complexity (changing locations, minting coins, pathtags, organizing volunteers, etc) is very hard task to take on. This is just for the event, more over the time spent on finding cache locations, coordination, decoders, and all the other time consuming efforts to put CAM together!

I am very grateful for the time spent on making this event so great. I have been every year since I started Geocaching and was introduced to it by LP (not that impressive, only been 3 years in a row).

This is because I look forward every year to CAM and to be honest with you, while the coin is pretty awesome, I love the adventures more.

While I do travel a lot for my job I have lived my whole life in MD and I would have never visited some of these locations without CAM. CAM has taken me on so many adventures around MD it has truly shocked me that MD even has some of these locations!

The event is a great time to receive the benefits of your hard work. I am not just talking about a coin here. I am talking about going to this "secret" event to eat, relax, talk to Geocachers, trade some pathtags, do more Geocaching, and just have an overall great time!

Also to be honest, what I look forward most to CAM? Is the icebreaker, don't ask me why I just look forward to it.

So I hope you guys don't get too frustrated with CAM and I know you are all volunteers. Because the alternative of doing CAM is not doing it. I hope CAM continues on and that the icebreaker continues on ;)

I know the icebreaker is not only unique to CAM.

Anyhow, time for me to get ready for CAM!!!! You know what? I am still extremely excited to go to the CAM picnic even though it is raining and I just learned of the coins this morning.

It's not about the swag guys, it's about the adventures and the people we meet along the way!!!

Thanks to all one last time!
Dazie62
MGS Member

Post by Dazie62 »

Any update on ETD( estimated time of delivery ) for the coins ?? ...just wondering and anxioisly waiting :D
Alzarius
MGS Director

Post by Alzarius »

Unfortunately we still don't have an estimated delivery date from the mint. I will post an update the moment we get news, both here in this thread and in the CAM 2017 Info Thread. When the CAM geocoins have been delivered, we will seek permission from Groundspeak/SirCrab to make an announcement through the now archived CAM Picnic event page. In case special permission is not granted, be certain you are subscribed to this thread or the CAM 2017 Info Thread to receive the latest updates.

Thank you again for your continued patience and understanding!
SnaggleT
MGS Member

Post by SnaggleT »

I hate too ask - and probably missed the thread but how can I receive a coin? When I was at the event they were not and we don't cache like we used too - the CAM being one of the few events we attend.
"You can Run - But can't Hide!"
cycleangela
MGS Member

Post by cycleangela »

I haven't been in Maryland for a few years, so I hate to ask. Are there any coins from CAM 2015, 2016, or 2017 available for sale?
cycleangela & geo-dogs Princess and Spazzy (aka Blue)
tazscouter
MGS Officer

Post by tazscouter »

There are coins for 2015 and 2016. The coins for 2017 have not been received yet. Send me your email at tazscouter@gmail.com and let me know what you'd like.
Diamondback7
MGS Member

Post by Diamondback7 »

Been a month since the last coin update -- did the sample arrive?
Alzarius
MGS Director

Post by Alzarius »

Diamondback7 wrote:Been a month since the last coin update -- did the sample arrive?
Sorry, didn't see this post in my digest. :thinking: Yes, the Timeline has been updated.