Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

CAM 2018 LOGS - CAM 2018: Ocean City

Discussion of CAM, the CAM caches, etc. NO SPOILERS PLEASE!
sfcchaz
MGS Member

Re: CAM 2018 LOGS - CAM 2018: Ocean City

Post by sfcchaz »

Found 4/8/2018 - CAM 2018 cache #7

I had some free time today and decided to seek the two Eastern Shore CAM 2018 caches and any others that I could along the way. It was pretty windy here today, I suppose it usually is. I had to hold onto my hat when I went out on the pier for the two out there I still hadn't found.

This one seemed awful familiar. :wink: I actually looked at the final GZ before even getting to stage 1, but I didn't look deep enough. Very nice Library. Collected the required information and was on my way. TNLN TFTC
polkadotmomma
MGS Member

Post by polkadotmomma »

CAM find number five! Smalls and I headed out this morning to grab another two CAM caches. Had to come back to the final stage after lunch since geo-toddler was getting hangry and ran into a fellow geocache. Tftc!
Jdm438
MGS Member

Post by Jdm438 »

We had stayed the night before in ocean city so this was our first cache of the day. When we arrived we were surprised to see all the parking spots were full and there were 3 softball games going on! We could only hope we were able to get what we need without being noticed. Luckily we were able to except one strange look from a jogger and before we knew it we were back on the road. This was a nice walk in a nice park and a great way to start our day.
Superchucklez
MGS Member

Post by Superchucklez »

Found OCMD Cam '18 on the kick off date and just trying to figure out the forums and realized i hadn't "logged" this cache via the forums... On 4/14/18 i finished up finding 10 of the 11 needed.

The OCMD multi wasn't too hard to figure out and find. Thanks.
MARYLANDCrab
MGS Member

Post by MARYLANDCrab »

Did the Eastern Shore run on Friday the 13 and it was beautiful. We were doing the same route as cokelover and we finally met up at the Ocean City CAM. It was a long day, about 7.5 hours of driving and about 9.5 hours overall, but we were successful and now have 7 of the 10 we need.
Bocco
MGS Member

Post by Bocco »

CAM #2 04/15
Most of the time when we visit OC it is sunny and hot, but today it was 47 degrees and pouring rain - so cold. Stage 1 was very cool and nicely set up, then a quick dash to the final. Thanks for a well done CAM cache!
afriendofB
MGS Member

Post by afriendofB »

This is my first CAM. After attending the opening event at my favorite Panera, my friend and I headed to Ocean City where we found a park I had never visited before. We quickly found the first and headed out to Deal Island. Lots of fun!!
3/24/2018
familygeek
MGS Member

Post by familygeek »

On our way to the first Cam cache from Milford NH.
N42 49.399, W071 37.310
Teamgeomonkey
MGS Member

Post by Teamgeomonkey »

11/11 done!! This was our final cache, I love Ocean city and this was a cute park. Completed on 4/21/18 with this one.
Woodsman51
MGS Member

Post by Woodsman51 »

4/23/18 - Ocean City
Well, I saved the Eastern Shore for the last CAM day and what a glorious day at that. Took forever to extract myself from the DC-Balt. work traffic. But the long drive and the stark isolation and beauty of the Eastern Shore blissed me out. With the good weather, I figured the weekend would be crowded; and the logs of the surrounding caches proved it out. That's why a lazy sunny Monday seemed good for me. Used to rent a place near here and walked the dog many times here. Good to be back. The initial was quick,but the choices for the final were infinite! Seems there are trails everywhere. But eventually, good geo-eyes triumphed. Cache was secure and log was dry. TFTC
lpaulriddle
MGS Director

Post by lpaulriddle »

(04/28/2018 at 9:44am EDT)
I have fond memories of staying in O.C. over the summer as a teen and early twenty-something. Nowadays, I enjoy it more during the offseason. My kids might beg to differ, though. :wink: Today was pretty busy for an offseason day, with numerous activities going on in town. We stayed the night at the Holiday Inn Express, and as soon as the whole family had gotten up and eaten breakfast, we all walked over to the park to find the CAM hide and a few others. Wow, was this park ever hopping this morning! Spring sports are in full swing, and every field had some sort of game going on. We walked around the perimeter of the fields to stage 1, which was a nice find. I always enjoy checking these out. After a brief search, we found what we needed, and headed off to seek the final. There were several areas that matched the hint, and after striking out at a couple, I headed off in a different direction and made the find. We were not first to sign the log today, but we may have been one of the last: although the cache was in great shape when we found it, apparently it was muggled later in the morning. As far as we could tell, no one else was around when we made the find, so not sure how it was discovered. Oh well. Hopefully, it was a one-time occurrence, and the eventual replacement will stick around.

This was our 10th CAM find this year, which officially qualifies us for the picnic. Afterward, we checked out of the hotel and headed down to the boardwalk, where we hit the beach, the arcade, Candy Kitchen, Grotto Pizza, and one of the numerous putt-putt golf courses. Then, it was off to Deal Island for #11. A great day “down the ocean”. TFTC!
bneeriemer
MGS Member

Post by bneeriemer »

This was the second CAM cache of Saturday, and we were so sad to find it muggled. Thankfully they left the lid with the photo behind. We stayed and helped two other caching couples find the cache too. Then we were off to camping in Pocomoke State Park, in a cabin, which was really nice.
TeamRedOak
MGS Member

Post by TeamRedOak »

4/30 #9 Found the brnad new container today. Thanks for getting it replaced. No one was in the park to spy us heading to the final. Why is it alway so windy when we are here??
TeamRedOak
MGS Member

Post by TeamRedOak »

4/30 #9 Found the brnad new container today. Thanks for getting it replaced. No one was in the park to spy us heading to the final. Why is it alway so windy when we are here??
rachander
MGS Member

Post by rachander »

I looked for this Tuesday evening and Wednesday evening, but cannot find the final. I believe I was at the correct GZ as it agrees with the hint and also found a piece of swag lying in the leaves. Any suggestions? I need this one to complete the challenge.