Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

May 2013 "Caching Kids" Spotlight - Dbzdude

Highlighting Maryland's finest cachers!
Calvertcachers
Former MGS Officer

May 2013 "Caching Kids" Spotlight - Dbzdude

Post by Calvertcachers »

It is a true pleasure to introduce Cody - Dbzdude in our May 2013 Caching Kids Spotlight! We met Cody when he first started caching and he has certainly grown into a nice young man. We enjoyed doing WVTim's Cave cache with Cody a few years ago. Say hello to Cody!

First Name: Cody
School grade: 7th

Cody and friend - Virginia Living Museum

1. What is your geo-name or do you share a geo-name with your family?

My Geo-Name is Dbzdude, because I joined geocaching in 2006 and
was obsessed with dragonballz. When I first started geocaching in 2006 I created it as Dragonballzdude,. In 2009 I decided to shorten it to Dbzdude since it fits me perfectly and I and now sign logs shorter as well.
I'm currently at 1,600+ Hides

2. What is your favorite thing about geocaching?

Usually the hikes, depending on how I'm feeling. When it comes to CAM I love to go out in the mountains. I look forward to it every year. This would be my 5th year participating in CAM. I started doing CAM in 2008. If I’m tired or exhausted, my brother and sisterlaw (coupleocachers) keep me going, even if they are not tired.

Cody getting the cache!

3. Do you tell your friends about geocaching?

Yeah, I've told at least 3 people about it. I want to take some of them out. I’m trying to get my cousin involved as well. They all seem to think it is interesting.

4. If so, what do they think or do you ever take your friends geocaching with you?

They think it seems fun and interesting, and one of my friends keeps wanting to go out geocaching so bad. Its just timing and we have not been able to get together.

Cody with Beau and Jo

5. What types of caches do you like to find?

All of them really. I like the unique hides, that are in a sense, their own little thing. I like caches that are great in size.

6. Of all the caches you have found, do you have a favorite?

I'll just say most of them. My favorite cache Will have to be CAM Hoye Crest. I loved the hike up to the highest point in Maryland. And since I did that one. I love CAM and look forward to everyday. Another one of my favorites is High Wire Act in southern Maryland. That is a very creative hide.

7. Have you hidden or helped hide a geocache?

Yeah, about...OVER 9,000(Reference from a Dragonballz Episode)... just kidding. I've helped/hidden at least 16. I have a series out called the Dragon Ball series. They are either Tennis Balls or Hardballs. They are painted Orange with number of Black stars from 1-7 on them. And once they are collected you can summon the dragon. The next series it the Black Dragon Balls. This is the final in the series.

8. Do you like going for long hikes or adventurous types of caches?

I enjoy long hikes. Sometimes they exhaust me, but if I’m energetic I can keep going and my brother and sister-in-law have to keep up with me. I did like the Psycho Urban Caches that I did(8 & 10). These are my favorites as well.

9. What has been your most adventurous cache find?

Probably Hoye Crest. Phwew, that was a long hike. Gorgeous view. If I had the chance I would go back and do it again. One time we went out for an FTF on CAM Nanticoke River and ended up getting lost from the trail and it took us a little longer to find it. We don’t know how we missed the FTF by 5 minutes, we didn’t see anyone leaving once we found the correct trail. That was fun and scary at the same time. It was my 2nd or 3rd CAM If I remember.

10. What is your favorite type of swag to find in a cache?

Something useful I can use. I usually carry my swag bag. But I seem to always forget my bag in the car. I just don’t feel like carrying it. Now it holds my new caches.

11. What type of GPS do you use?

Magellan , Coupleocachers won it at the Captian John Smith Event. Since they use the Garmin I use the Magellan if I don’t forget to turn it on.

12. If you could add a new feature or technology to geocaching, what would it be?

I wouldn't. Is there really anything you can do to make it better?

13. Do you like going to geocaching events?

I love events. I try to make them all. If I can.

14. If so, what was your favorite geo-event and what made it so much fun?

Geowoodstock IX. It was my first geowoodstock and I had DEEP FRIED REESES!! (slurp). Plus the cool thing about Geowoodstock IX is that I got to travel to Canada and visit Niagara Falls. It was my first time out of Country. And I also enjoyed Midwest Geobash last year because I got to dress up as Mr. Popo. I deemed him the Zombie Killer.

15. What type of games do you like at geo-events?

Only one. Geocacher Bingo or otherwise known as the icebreakers.
Other than that none because I'm 13 and some of the games don’t appeal to me because I am older.

16. Do you participate in other activities or sports?

I participate in SLEEP ,VIDEO GAMES, FOOD and MORE SLEEP!
No sports. That's not my forte'

17. Outside of school, what other types of hobbies do you enjoy?

I like riding my bike. We enjoy biking the trails when we get a chance.

Cody - The Early Years

18. What suggestions do you have for cache hides, hiders, events, or event games?

Make it an evil hide of some sort. With maybe a few decoys nearby to throw people off.
Make the events longer.

19. Is there anything else you would like to share?

I like COOKIES and SAMMICHES
I like MINE TURTLE
I like trains. (ASDF REFERENCE! Look it up on youtube.com)

20. What is your favorite subject in school?
Lunch, Art and P.E.

21. Do you have any college or trade-school plans?
Either the local college in St. Mary's where I live or Art Institute.

22. What would you like to be when you grow up?
Comedian/Actor/Voice Actor/Artist/Comic Illustrator
OhMelli
MGS Member

Re: May 2013 "Caching Kids" Spotlight - Dbzdude

Post by OhMelli »

Hehehe... I've had both the pleasure of meeting Cody - at one event or another... AND hunting his Dragonballz! I LOVE his Dragonballz!!! I can not WAIT for the new BLACK series to come out! Hurrrrrrrry up Cody!!! :-D
Bocco
MGS Member

Post by Bocco »

Well done, Dbzdude :applause:
You are always a pleasure to hike the trails with, and we have enjoyed finding most of your very fun hides.
WWCD
MGS Member

Post by WWCD »

Thanks for the nice write up Cody -- love those pictures of you when you were younger-- it so hard to believe you are 13 already. See you tomorrow at the CAM picnic--meet you by the Boccco's Brownies :)
Death Wish Dave
MGS Member

Post by Death Wish Dave »

Nice writeup Cody. I hope to get to meet you at the CAM picnic.
==============================================================================
The geocacher formerly know as CacheSKing.
coupleocachers
Former MGS Officer

Post by coupleocachers »

Awesome write up kiddo
We are now Mr. And Mrs. Coupleocachers and Proud parents of AmeliaGrace