Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

February 2014 "Caching Kids" Spotlight--Dad's Princesses

Highlighting Maryland's finest cachers!
ksullivan
Former MGS Officer

February 2014 "Caching Kids" Spotlight--Dad's Princesses

Post by ksullivan »

This month is extra special because I get to introduce you to not one, not two, but three Caching Kids! Their proud father, Nighthawk700, was our September 2012 spotlight cacher.
It is my pleasure to introduce you to Dads_First_Princess (Tobbi, grade 5) , Dads_Second_Princess (Aviva, grade 3), and Dads_Third_Princess (Chava, Pre-K).

1. What is your geo-name or do you share a geo-name with your family?
FIRST: Dads_First_Princess
SECOND: Dads_Second_Princess
THIRD: Dads_Third_Princess

[Dad’s note: The first two started off as a combined team, “Dads_Princesses”, but after becoming competitive with each other over numbers, they were split off into individual accounts. Third didn’t come around until after the first two were caching a bit.]

2. What is your favorite thing about geocaching?
FIRST: I like being outside and I like the woods and landscaping that some geocaches have. I like going out with my family.
SECOND: I like when we find out where the geocache actually is; and the hunt to find it, especially when you have to follow clues.
THIRD: I like climbing ladders. I like when I can find things quickly.

3. Do you tell your friends about geocaching?
FIRST: Yes (I’ve told my class about it!)
SECOND: Yes.
THIRD: No

4. If so, what do they think?
FIRST: Most of them ask what it is, they don’t understand. I tell them a little bit about it. Some of them still don’t understand.
SECOND: Some think I’m crazy, and others are interested and want to know more about it.

5. Have you ever taken your friends geocaching with you?
FIRST: I’ve taken 5 or 6 of my friends caching at various times. I’m hoping to do a birthday caching trip with several friends at once.
SECOND: No

6. What types of caches do you like to find?
FIRST: I like it when you have to go over stepping stones or when they are in the woods, and having to climb over things.
SECOND: I like kinds where you have to climb on rocks, cross rivers, etc.
THIRD: I like caches where you have to climb up a ladder.

Crossing Streams

7. Of all the caches you have found, do you have a favorite?
FIRST: I liked our 100th geocache. 9000 Ghosts? – A Night Cache. (GC1EDZZ) It was a night cache. We went with our friends and their families and did it together. When we found the cache, dad gave my sister and I a 100th find geocoin.
SECOND: I liked the first geocache that we did. All Baseball, All the Time. (GCRKXD) I found it, and we had to climb across a bunch of rocks to get there.
THIRD: I liked the giant mouse trap. Just like with Tom and Jerry. The Quick and the Dead (GC37YH6)
9000 Ghosts
All Baseball, All the Time
The Quick and the Dead

8. Have you hidden or helped hide a geocache?

FIRST: I helped to hide one.
SECOND: I helped to hide two.

9. Do you like going for long hikes or adventurous types of caches?

FIRST: I like both.
SECOND: I like the adventurous type of caches.
THIRD: Adventure

10. What has been your most adventurous or fun cache find?

FIRST: Roo’s Romp (GC2N5ET) We had to follow a map to get to the cache, and my dad kept exaggerating about the “Bridge of DDDOOOOOOOMMMMM!” I also liked the night cache because you had to follow the path.
SECOND: Psycho Urban #8. (GCT66Z) I liked that we had to keep going to all the different stages with different types of hides.
THIRD: Chuck CO NYTPT #100: Zombie’s 100th NYTPT! (GC4522E) because I got to climb up the ladder. [Dad’s note: Just a few steps!!]
Psycho Urban #8
Zombie's 100th NYTPT

11. What is your favorite type of swag to find in a cache?

FIRST: I like it when I find FTF prizes! If not that, then anything I can actually use.
SECOND: FTF Coins.
THIRD: The pretty gold coins.

12. What type of GPS do you use?

FIRST: Dad bought a Garmin eTrex Venture HC for us to share. [Dad’s comment: Share… a nice theory. They all want to be the first to use it each time]
SECOND: I like when I take my dad’s Oregon 450.
THIRD: I just follow my dad or sisters.

13. If you could add a new feature or technology to geocaching, what would it be?

FIRST: If I could created a new technology I would make the geocaches have wings so once you find them you have to catch them. (It would be a lot easier in the woods because it wouldn’t have a lot of places to go). [Dad’s note… like geocaching isn’t hard enough already???????]
SECOND: Nothing
THIRD: Nothing

14. Do you like going to geocaching events?

FIRST: Yes,
SECOND: Yes.
THIRD: Yes.

15. If so, what was your favorite geo-event and what made it so much fun?

FIRST: Who are the people in your neighborhood (GC349NP) This was my dad’s ice cream event, Yum! I also really liked the Cache In Trash Out event. (GC3WHWV) since I got to do a lot of trash pickup and find a fun cache.
SECOND: My favorite event was one at a park. (GC2BMJ8) During the event my dad taught me how to use the swings.
THIRD: What’s my Sign? The Ice Cream edition (GC4GMN6) An event my dad had at Friendly’s. Yummy ice cream!!
CITO Event

16. What type of games do you like at geo-events?

FIRST: The only game we did was a raffle.

17. Do you participate in other activities or sports?

FIRST: I was on the soccer team last fall, and I did ballet.
SECOND: I did ballet.
THIRD: None

18. Outside of school, what other types of hobbies do you enjoy?

FIRST: Art and reading.
SECOND: Arts and craft, and trying to annoy my father.
THIRD: Jumping on my bed and the couch.

19. What suggestions do you have for cache hides, hiders, events, or event games?

FIRST: They should put more useful things inside of geocaches, most of the things in there are junk. And also I think that they should make things that don’t harm animals.
SECOND: I think events should make more stuff for kids, and not only for grownups
THIRD: Put tiny dresses for my dolls in as SWAG, so I can use them for my dolls.

20. Is there anything else you would like to share?

FIRST: I really like geocaching, and I hope people keep placing caches.
SECOND: No
THIRD: No.

21. What is your favorite subject in school?

FIRST: Pottery class
SECOND: Art
THIRD: Puzzles and playing with my friends.

22. What would you like to be when you grow up?

FIRST: I want to work in the government.
SECOND: I have no idea
littleblkdog
Former MGS Officer

Re: February 2014 "Caching Kids" Spotlight--Dad's Princesses

Post by littleblkdog »

Nice write-up! It is always good to read about the adventures of Dad's_Princesses.
cooley1103
Former MGS Officer

Post by cooley1103 »

Its always great to see the Princesses out caching with their dad.
eissak
Former MGS Officer

Post by eissak »

I'm sure my 7 year old daughter, rhiannonr, would agree, especially regarding better swag and having activities geared more for kids at events. I think these are great ideas. It was nice reading about you all! :)
Calvertcachers
Former MGS Officer

Post by Calvertcachers »

Thanks to Dad and the Princesses for participating in our Caching Kids spotlight.
This was an outstanding spotlight and I enjoyed reading about the Princesses!!
I had to giggle at Princess #3 and her love for climbing ladders.
Bocco
MGS Member

Post by Bocco »

:applause: What a great Spotlight, Princesses!! I like how you each have your own special things that you like about geocaching. We will try to put out better swag. Our grandsons say the same thing. Thanks for letting us get to know you better.
coupleocachers
Former MGS Officer

Post by coupleocachers »

cute write up. Glad we got know you princesses better.
We are now Mr. And Mrs. Coupleocachers and Proud parents of AmeliaGrace
OhMelli
MGS Member

Post by OhMelli »

What a GREAT interview Princesses! You are all lovely!!! I like the adventurous caches too! And I couldn't agree more about swag! People just gotta quit leaving rocks and acorn tops!!! :silenced: