Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

November 2018 Member Spotlight: Journey374

Highlighting Maryland's finest cachers!
FatBaldOldMan
Former MGS Officer
It’s my birthday

November 2018 Member Spotlight: Journey374

Post by FatBaldOldMan »

Interview Date: 11/01/18

Caching Name : Journey374

1. How did you become involved in geocaching? When did you start? We started a geocaching contest in the newspaper then I signed up for geocaching after that. I started caching in 2012.

2. How did you choose your caching name? Journey is my favorite music band.

3. How many caches have you found so far? 1321

4. What brand/type of GPS do you use? Garmin 450

5. What programs/software or hardware (PDA/laptop/phone) do you use to make caching easier? We use both our Garmin and our phones now and then with C:Geo.

6. What type of cache do you prefer seeking – traditional, multi, puzzle, virtual? Traditional

7. Which caches were the most challenging – physically/mentally? Mentally Why? Eye of the Ghost the hike was straight up and down it took a long time to get up to the cache.

8. Do you have a favorite or favorites among the Maryland caches that you’ve found? Anyone that takes to you a neat location are my favorites.

(Feel free to list a favorite for each type of cache) Do you have a favorite in a nearby state? Raiders of the Lost Cache and Abandon Hope

9. What’s the most unusual thing that you’ve ever found in a cache? A coyote call

10. What are your current caching goals? Try to build some more gadget caches.
Is there a certain cache that you can’t wait to do? Deep Blue Something

11. How many caches have you placed? 34 Do you have a current hiding goal? No

12. What advice would you give someone that wants to place a cache? Make sure its unique and it's not a guardrail, not a light post and a neat location. What steps do YOU take when placing a cache? I make sure it's in a area that no one has ever been to before.

13. How often do you go caching? When every we want too.

14. What advice would you give a beginning geocacher? Go after regular caches and do not put TFTC and read other logs to see what you should put in the log.

15. Have you completed CAM in the past? Yes What was your favorite aspect? The places that it takes you and the sites.

16. Do you collect geocoins? Yes Of the ones that you’ve collected, which is your favorite? Signal the Christmas one the spins

17. What type of gear do you carry with you on your caching trips? Backpack What’s in your geopack? Water, log book, pens, and swag to trade.

18. What is your most memorable caching experience? Caching with ddubz and mm52 on Ghost Mountain and meeting them.

19. What is your best caching story? Getting the crap scared out of us when we went caching in WV on a dirt bike trial when we had our CRV the roads were very bump and steep.

20. What do you like about geocaching? Meeting new cachers What keeps you going? The experience of finding new places that I have never been too.

21. Besides geocaching, what other things do you like to do? Ingress, Flagstack, Walking Dead our World and Qonqur

22. What question did you expect us to ask but didn’t? What was the last cache you build or hidden? What is the answer? Net’s Rocket

Bonus Questions:
Al Woltz (AKA: FatBaldOldMan or FBOM)
coupleocachers
Former MGS Officer

Re: November 2018 Member Spotlight: Journey374

Post by coupleocachers »

Great read. Hope to see you out on the CAM Trails.
We are now Mr. And Mrs. Coupleocachers and Proud parents of AmeliaGrace