Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Farewell, 2017!

What's New And Exciting in the MGS
Alzarius
MGS Director

Farewell, 2017!

Post by Alzarius »

As both 2017 and my term as MGS President draw to a close, I'd like to take the opportunity to offer a few words of thanks:

To my fellow 2017 Officers – Larry, Brian, Cindy & Denise:
Thank you for a terrific year of teamwork and collaboration! It's been a delight to work alongside people who share the same love for and commitment to this wonderful organization and the strange little hobby it fosters. Having the opportunity to give something back to an activity which offers so much enjoyment has been a privilege; being able to share that opportunity with a team of genuinely good friends has been a gift.

To our 2017 Directors – Robert, Sue, Tom, Steve & Kelly:
Thank you for having our backs with your advice and support! It's been a reassurance knowing we had an experienced group of former officers on hand for consultation when needed.

To the incoming 2018 Officers – Phil, Stacy, Kathy, Holly & Al:
Thank you for your generosity in stepping forward to take the reins! I have every confidence the MGS is in excellent hands, and I look forward to watching the MGS go from strength to strength under your guidance. I wish you all the best for a successful year!

To the members of the MGS:
Thank you to everyone who supported and contributed to the MGS this year! Thanks to all the folks who participated in events by attending, donating food and supplies, helping with set-up and tear-down, or by introducing new people to our society; Thanks to all who offered support through monetary gifts, donations to the summer auction, or by purchasing raffle tickets, coins, pathtags, and other items at events or online; Thanks to everyone who contributed by hiding caches for events, especially our magnificent 2017 CAM hiders without whom CAM would not have been the success it was; And thanks to all the folks who promoted geocaching in Maryland by hosting so many caching events throughout the state. In short, the MGS is nothing without its wonderful members, and we are grateful for you.

It's no secret that we encountered more than our fair share of geocoin-shaped bovine landmines this year. Please know that we officers truly appreciated everyone's patience and understanding as you and we all struggled to step through a frustrating situation together. Your tolerance and encouragement made all the difference in helping us manage what could otherwise have been a complete nightmare. You've been a class act, and it makes me proud to count myself among your number.

I extend to you my best wishes for a Happy New Year, and I look forward to seeing you on the trails in 2018!

Fond regards,
Adric (alzarius)
lpyankeefan
MGS Officer

Re: Farewell, 2017!

Post by lpyankeefan »

Hear! Hear!

It was an honor serving with you and the other officers this year. Many thanks to all for making this such a successful year.
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
hunterKat
Former MGS Officer

Post by hunterKat »

I'd like to thank the officers and board members for serving in 2017 - it's been a great year, and I hope we new officers and board members will serve as well as you all have! I'm looking forward to what 2018 will bring, happy in the knowledge that we have the vast experience of past officers to lean on. Happy new year, everyone!
Difficult paths often lead to beautiful places.
jercade
Former MGS Officer

Post by jercade »

Thank you to all the 2017 MGS officers for a great job each and everyone of you did through out 2017. I am looking forward to giving back to the MGS this coming year 2018. Again thank you 2017 MGS officers.
FatBaldOldMan
Former MGS Officer

Post by FatBaldOldMan »

Adric, Larry, Brian, Cindy, and Denise, i'd like to acknowledge that you have all, without exception, done an outstanding job in your respective roles in both supporting and sustaining this great organization. As the incoming Officers, we have tremendous shoes to fill. You can all feel proud to know that you have left the MGS stronger and more vibrant than a year ago, and I, for one, can only pray that at the end of our tenure we can say the same thing. Please don't Venture too far, as I'm certain we'll be calling on you for some sage advice.
Al Woltz (AKA: FatBaldOldMan or FBOM)
tazscouter
MGS Officer

Post by tazscouter »

It has been an honor to serve the Maryland Geocaching Society for the past 2 years. I will be available for any questions from the 2018 Core and further, if needed.

And I agree with Alzarius completely.