Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Nanos In The Woods?

Discuss upcoming events around the state.
_JohnnyCache
Former MGS Officer

Nanos In The Woods?

Post by _JohnnyCache »

I began geocaching with a liking to hiding tiny containers in the woods, I certainly didn't gain many fans of local seekers but had a lot of fun thinking of new ideas. Over the past two years being involved with the MGS, most of my hides have been more of the "geocacher friendly" type, as they were for events or some other type of MGS function. I've heard the whispers of the fact that _JohnnyCache may be going soft, so how else to relaunch a nano hiding frenzy then a grandiose event. I hope many of you can come out and join us in April as I continue to endear myself to the local cachers...LOL

Nano's In The Woods?
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.

-- Albert Einstein
Terri
MGS Member

Re: Nano's In The Woods?

Post by Terri »

Wow, what a great line up of hiders. I'll be thinking of you all.
nytepyre
MGS Member

Post by nytepyre »

Sounds fun! We'll be there!
nytepyre
=

Mompyre (scribe, cook, hippie-dippy),
Dadpyre (EE, family IT guy, musical talent),
Minipyre (babbler, swag grabber, pack rider)
mjb007
MGS Member

Post by mjb007 »

I don't know who might have said you were going soft, but it sure wasn't me. Feel free to cancel this event and any future nano hides, with no negative comments from me!!
_JohnnyCache
Former MGS Officer

Post by _JohnnyCache »

Thanks to Mrs. Bocco I now have an offcial logo for the event, along with some logo merchandise found at JohnnyCache's Stash

A few hides are already in place being weathered nicely for the April event 8O

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.

-- Albert Einstein
mjb007
MGS Member

Post by mjb007 »

Can I start bitchin' and complainin' now? Just like tax season... don't want to wait till the last minute.

Oh man... this is gonna be like

:pow:
psychobob808
MGS Member

Post by psychobob808 »

mjb007 wrote:Can I start bitchin' and complainin' now? Just like tax season... don't want to wait till the last minute.

Oh man... this is gonna be like

:pow:
Wow... That's amazing.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Snurt
MGS Director

Post by Snurt »

Love the logos. Just bought the hat (khaki). Guess I'd better get to the cachepage and see who the hiders are. Heh.
mjb007
MGS Member

Post by mjb007 »

Snurt wrote:Love the logos. Just bought the hat (khaki). Guess I'd better get to the cachepage and see who the hiders are. Heh.
Don't know the hiders... Sure I'm buying that....
Do you by chance have a bridge you no longer need?
Snurt
MGS Director

Post by Snurt »

mjb007 wrote:
Snurt wrote:Love the logos. Just bought the hat (khaki). Guess I'd better get to the cachepage and see who the hiders are. Heh.
Don't know the hiders... Sure I'm buying that....
Do you by chance have a bridge you no longer need?

Sure. Old Forge Bridge has been without a cache for several years. (N 39° 39.957 W 077° 39.077)
_JohnnyCache
Former MGS Officer

Post by _JohnnyCache »

Just to set everyone at ease, I will be renting magnifying glasses at the event for anyone that may be challenged at locating the hides :lol:

-- Albert Einstein
donbadabon
MGS Member

Post by donbadabon »

This sounds like it is going to be an amazing event. I might just have to come back to participate with my old caching buddies. :)

One question though - has there been any discussion on how to prevent groups from bunching up at the hides, and just getting the logsheet passed around?
donbadabon
MGS Member

Post by donbadabon »

Wow, did I put the kibosh on the thread? :?

Last! lol
_JohnnyCache
Former MGS Officer

Post by _JohnnyCache »

donbadabon wrote:This sounds like it is going to be an amazing event. I might just have to come back to participate with my old caching buddies. :)

One question though - has there been any discussion on how to prevent groups from bunching up at the hides, and just getting the logsheet passed around?
Probably no real way to control that but the fact there will be 10 high difficulty hides spread throughout the park and probably not a huge number of attendees should help spread the seekers out. The goal really is to find the caches, so if everyone wants to search as a group and sign the log, there will be no penalty. I would have to guess that larger numbers of searchers may not equal better find percentage.

-- Albert Einstein
mjb007
MGS Member

Post by mjb007 »

_JohnnyCache wrote: 10 high difficulty hides
:brick:
_JohnnyCache
Former MGS Officer

Re: Nanos In The Woods?

Post by _JohnnyCache »

With CAM drawing closer it's also a reminder that the nanos are making their way into the woods at Black Hill Park awaiting all the searching eyes to arrive in April. Be sure to post your Will Attend and start thinking about any potluck item you may choose to bring.

-- Albert Einstein
The9Searchers
Former MGS Officer

Post by The9Searchers »

We sure wish that we could attend ... but we have prior commitments that day. :smt010

I'm sure we'll still be able to hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth all of the way over here on the Eastern Shore.

:smt013 :smt089 :angry :smt076 :smt022 :censored
Snurt
MGS Director

Post by Snurt »

The9Searchers wrote:We sure wish that we could attend ... but we have prior commitments that day. :smt010

I'm sure we'll still be able to hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth all of the way over here on the Eastern Shore.

:smt013 :smt089 :angry :smt076 :smt022 :censored

'...wailing and gnashing of teeth...' Sounds like some from the Good Book...Revelation perhaps.
_JohnnyCache
Former MGS Officer

Post by _JohnnyCache »

Please post your potluck item you'd like to bring on the event page here and I will consolidate the items.

-- Albert Einstein
MDFirecacher
MGS Member

Post by MDFirecacher »

The starting point looks like it is off of Ten Mile Creek Road. Is that correct? If I recall, there is limited parking at that location.