Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Dudley's Monthly Meet & Greets

Discuss upcoming events around the state.
DudleyGrunt
MGS Member

Re: Dudley's Monthly Meet & Greets - May 2015

Post by DudleyGrunt »

I just listed my next event...

Dudley's Monthly M&G - I Scream!

Sunday, May 31 - 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Sweets & Treats Creamery
Laurel, MD

Ice cream party! May want to have dinner ahead of time. Debrief after GeoWoodstock or discuss upcoming plans. This also marks my 9th caching anniversary. I've hosted a couple other events here, when it was called Double Dipper, but it is now under new ownership.

This one will be a little different. They are, primarily, an ice cream parlor, but they also have baked goods. This the same location that I previously hosted a couple of other events at (as Double Dipper), but they have changed ownership.

Particularly if you've not been there before, be sure to check them out online ahead of time.

Groundspeak - GC5VQAT
OpenCaching North America - OU0819
Happy Trails! :smt006

Image Image Image

We never seek things for themselves—what we seek is the very seeking of things. - Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
DudleyGrunt
MGS Member

Re: Dudley's Monthly Meet & Greets - June 2015

Post by DudleyGrunt »

DG's Monthly M&G - Burgers, Dogs, & More!

Sunday, 28 June 2015
6:00-7:30 PM
@ BURGERFI
Towne Centre Laurel

Trying a new place this month. Been a lot going on in my life this month, so I didn't get this into that other site within the 2 week time frame. So, figured, I'd make this an OCNA ONLY event. Even if you don't plan to log it on OCNA, come out and have a good time.

Particularly if you've not been there before, be sure to check their menu ahead of time.

BurgerFi serves burgers, veggie burgers, hot dogs, custard and drinks - including fresh squeezed lemonade and strawberry lemonade, real cane sugar sodas, craft beer and wine.

From their website:
Like many great American tales, ours begins with a hamburger. The all-natural, Black Angus CEO Burger. A fan favorite. Pride and joy of The Office, a gourmet gastropub nestled in the heart of downtown Delray Beach. Sunshine State, USA. And, the inspiration for BURGERFI, launched from dissatisfaction with what was happening in the burger market at the time. Fast food and their lackluster offerings can have profound effects, so a better burger was born: February, 2011.

You see, we don’t adhere to the practices of industrialized fast food giants. We were started in a gourmet kitchen, by gourmet Chefs. They didn’t know from fast food, so the back of the house looks less like a burger joint, more like a five-star restaurant. When we needed a sauce, our Chefs didn’t call a food supplier. They started chopping. Combining. Cooking.Making better choices. Trying some better.BURGERFI Sauce, for example, uses over a dozen fresh ingredients. Far from fast, it takes roughly 40 minutes to prepare. Those doing it use words like ‘artful pride’ when speaking of the hard work it takes to make it. That’s just one sauce. You can find this level of better in everything we do. 2011.
You see, we don’t adhere to the practices of industrialized fast food giants. We were started in a gourmet kitchen, by gourmet Chefs. They didn’t know from fast food, so the back of the house looks less like a burger joint, more like a five-star restaurant. When we needed a sauce, our Chefs didn’t call a food supplier. They started chopping. Combining. Cooking.

Sauce, for example, uses over a dozen fresh ingredients. Far from fast, it takes roughly 40 minutes to prepare. Those doing it use words like ‘artful pride’ when speaking of the hard work it takes to make it. That’s just one sauce. You can find this level of better in everything we do.

Image Image Image

We never seek things for themselves—what we seek is the very seeking of things. - Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
DudleyGrunt
MGS Member

Dudley's Monthly M&G - I Love GC! - July 2015

Post by DudleyGrunt »

My next event will be Sunday, July 26 from 6-7:30 PM at Grilled Cheese & Co. in Catonsville.

I hosted an event here in July 2012 for NativTxn's visit to Baltimore and again in July 2014. Janji recently mentioned she didn't realize I'd had events here, so I'm hoping she'll be able to make the short trek over.

Image Image Image

DudleyGrunt
MGS Member

Re: Dudley's Monthly Meet & Greets - Aug 2015

Post by DudleyGrunt »

Sunday, 23 August 2015, 6:00-8:00 PM
@ Olive on Main
504 Main Street
Laurel, MD
240-280-8560

This will be a little bit of a belated celebration of OpenCaching North America's 5th anniversary and of International Geocaching Day (or Month).

Olive on Main is a relatively new restaurant in Laurel. I've not eaten there, yet, but have heard good things from friends and yelp reviews.

My plan is for us to be on their patio, which they say is fully shaded by 4:30, so I'm hoping it will be comfortable.

They don't seem to have their own website, but check out their Facebook page for a better idea of what to expect.

Hope to see you there!

Image Image Image

DudleyGrunt
MGS Member

Re: Dudley's Monthly Meet & Greets

Post by DudleyGrunt »

Sunday, 27 September 2015, 6:00-7:30 PM
@ Pepper Jack's Sub Shop and Ice Cream Parlor
10919 Scaggsville Road, Laurel, MD
301-490-7998

Let's kick off the fall season with an event at new spot. Actually, I had one event here a couple / few years ago, but I can't find it on my spreadsheet of my hosted events. If you remember attending it and can identify it before I do, let me know.

This event will be a sort of an "after action" meet up for my Going on a Cache Hunt event earlier in the afternoon. Check the linked forum thread for more information on that one.

I'm hoping the weather will be good and we can meet outside at their picnic tables.
Scaggsville is a quaint town established in the 1830's by the Scaggs family along the route from Washington DC to Baltimore. Scaggsville Road has a rich history of being a historic path found on maps as early as 1795 and is where the Hines family built an Amoco filling station in 1932. From the time it was built up until the end of the century the station serviced the ever expanding small town along its most traveled thoroughfare. In 2001 Andrew and Lauren Granzow decided to take the station and expand it into the "Classic Country Style" sub shop and soft-serve ice cream parlor there today. Families gather on warm summer nights from all around to enjoy subs, sundaes, shakes, boardwalk fries, and snowballs in a quiet country setting. Since its establishment over seventy five years ago the station has evolved with the change in times, roads, and neighborhoods but has always kept that one-of-a-kind style that dates back to its early days.
If you haven't been there before, check out their website or Facebook page for their menu and prices.

Groundspeak | OpenCaching North America | TerraCaching

Hope to see you there!

Image Image Image

DudleyGrunt
MGS Member

Re: Dudley's Monthly Meet & Greets - Nov. 2015

Post by DudleyGrunt »

DG's Monthly M&G - I'd Like to Buy a U

Sunday, 22 November 2015, 6:00-7:30 PM
@ Qdoba Mexican Grill

An informal meet & greet (& eat) event. ALL welcome!

Haven't had an event here for a over a year and a half, so figured it was time to come back.

Their menu and additional information is available on their website.

Whether you are a caching veteran or just starting, I hope you'll come out and join us. Kids are more than welcome, as well!

Groundspeak
OpenCaching

Image Image Image

DudleyGrunt
MGS Member

DG's Monthly M&G - Olive This Place! (2/21/16)

Post by DudleyGrunt »

I'm working on my next meet & greet...

DG's Monthly M&G - Olive This Place!
Sunday, 21 Feb. 2016, 6:00-8:00 PM
@ Olive on Main
504 Main Street Laurel, MD
240-280-8560

Additional details to follow.

Image Image Image