Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

MGS 2017 Summer Picnic Silent Auction

Discuss upcoming events around the state.
humphr1d
Former MGS Officer

MGS 2017 Summer Picnic Silent Auction

Post by humphr1d »

Maryland Geocaching Society (MGS) is funded annually through cash donations, 50/50 Raffles, Pathtag and Geocoin sales, and the Silent Auction held at the Summer Picnic. The funds collected by MGS pay for MGS website, picnic pavilions, CAM coins, design and seed money for PathTags, and miscellaneous administrative costs to operate and sustain MGS.

Each year we reach out to numerous vendors who graciously send us items for our silent auction.

We also reach out to our members for donations. Donations from our members are often some of our most popular silent auction items.

What can be donated? We have had a wide variety of items donated in the past to include:

PathTags
GeoCoins
Geocache containers to include ones you designed yourselves
Shirts
Hats
Tools of the trade (tweezers, penlights, small adjustable mirrors, etc.)
Cache maintenance supplies
Answers to hard puzzles (Hey some of us would pay $$$$ for Hixon puzzle solutions)
Guided tour of difficult caches
Handheld GPS unit
Gift Cards (REI, Dicks, etc.)

Please note: Donations to MGS are not tax, unfortunately the federal government does not designate social groups like MGS as a tax deductible non-profit.

If you would like to donate something to the Silent Auction, please contact me through the forums, email, Facebook, or at an event, so we can add your name to our list of donors and coordinate with you for the donation.
Bisquick
MGS Member

Re: MGS 2017 Summer Picnic Silent Auction

Post by Bisquick »

I have a $25 gift certificate from Groundspeak that I want to donate to the silent auction.

I also have some items from this year's GeoWoodstock held in North Carolina that I want to donate to the silent auction.

I hope these donations will help MGS with their fund raising efforts.
humphr1d
Former MGS Officer

Re: MGS 2017 Summer Picnic Silent Auction

Post by humphr1d »

Thank you so much for your generous donation. :applause:

Please bring your donation to the picnic and check in with me so we can lay it out for the silent auction.