Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

June 2017: Somnambulists

Special caches in Maryland!
humphr1d
Former MGS Officer

June 2017: Somnambulists

Post by humphr1d »

I had the pleasure last weekend to work on several civil war themed geocaches. I admit that I frequently wonder what is on all of those roadside historical signs but frequently fail to stop for them. This month’s cache is an easy park and grab with a twist that also gives you a perfect excuse to stop and take in a Maryland Civil War historical marker.

Somnambulists

GC Code: GC169D2 https://coord.info/GC169D2

Where it's located: Leitersburg (Washington County)

Favorite Points: 31

Description:

A C&D along the Maryland Civil War Trail...with a little twist.

Once part of "The Adventure of the Departed Sniper", this has resurfaced as a stand-alone cache. You won't have any problems with it as long as you stay awake.

Since this is a micro, you will need to provide your own quill and ink.

Sign the log and enjoy the history lesson while you're there.

It's already easy enough. Please DO NOT LOG SPOILERS.

Selected Finder logs:

dadsoutnumbered: Woot woot made the find. Found the two red herrings and passer by stopped and gave me a hint from a previous finder and then the lights turned on someone was home finally and made the quick find. That's sneaky. I like it.

jmanking: Loved this one!!! Fell for the tricks before the find,

TheGreatEnigma: What a beautiful view.

Now onto the cache. I LOVE IT! It had me laughing and looking for a camera crew! Greatly rewarding find! 3rd times a charm!

mfclingan: We laughed when we found this one...admittedly it took us a few minutes!! Tftc

Geo-Kayakers: TFTC. Well done had us going on this one and really enjoyed it. Will get a Fav. Point.

ToeJam89: Very tricky, tricky!!! At first I was laughing and then I was frustrated and then I thought, forget the Double Latte, I need a bucket of ice water!!! Was a hot one out today!!! Well done hide!!!!!! TFTC!!

davee-n-cachincarrie: Our sixth find of 12 on the day. Saw all the favorite points and didn't quite know what to expect. This was a good one, though, for sure! Really had us going. Thanks for the cache!

wizardofmd69: Wizard and Suzanne. We found this one with sfcchaz while doing some caching in the area and attending 3 events hosted by lpyankeefan today. At first we found it...no we didn't, yes we did....no we didn't, YES we did!! We signed the log as Team 4th or T-4 to save time and space. Very nice hide! TNLNSL