Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Oldest Cache

General Chit-Chat.
SoMDVet
MGS Member

Oldest Cache

Post by SoMDVet »

I am going after Hawaii's oldest cache (GC23) and was wondering what your oldest cache is.
cooley1103
Former MGS Officer

Re: Oldest Cache

Post by cooley1103 »

Bonita Lakes (GC90) - 10/19/2000
_JohnnyCache
Former MGS Officer

Post by _JohnnyCache »

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.

-- Albert Einstein
mmacfarland
MGS Member

Post by mmacfarland »

I found Hawaii oldest this summer with out realizing its significance. Only after finding it and several nearby did I realize its historic place. That inspired me to target the grand caches. One of my goals for 2012 was completing the jasmer challenge. We did and it was an incredible journey.

I was extremely impressed that moonp has completed it twice.

I believe our oldest was Beverly, but will have to verify when I get home.
hostanut
MGS Member

Post by hostanut »

I believe the oldest caches I've found are GC12 and GC17.
GC17 is my favorite cache of all time!
obxgeek
MGS Member

Post by obxgeek »

My Oldest is The Spot - GC39 5/26/2000 A nice hike in the finger lakes wine country of NY.
ImageImageImage
Death Wish Dave
MGS Member

Post by Death Wish Dave »

My oldest is Beverly from May 13, 2000. My favorite oldie is Tarryall, mostly because of the story that goes along with it. I found Hawaii's oldest this past November. Careful, that trail can be quite slick! Enjoy.
==============================================================================
The geocacher formerly know as CacheSKing.
littleblkdog
Former MGS Officer

Post by littleblkdog »

My oldest is GC85 - Camera Cache in MA. I have a trip planned to GA to get 6, 7, 8 and 9/2000 in a week. I can't wait! After that, I will only need 5/2000 and have plans for The Spot in NY.
Moonpie10
MGS Member

Post by Moonpie10 »

My appologies for not knowing how to hyperlink this:
Marc Moisan has shared his bookmark list of the 100 oldest caches - active and in active. It's an interesting list. Also if you look at any of the states oldest caches you will find a bookmark list of the oldest active state caches. These are the two lists that we look over before we travel anywhere just in case we happen to be with-in 1,000 miles :lol: of one of them. We certainy enjoy finding the old ones - may be because we are so lousy at puzzles!!

Shared First 100 caches
by Marc Moisan
coupleocachers
Former MGS Officer

Post by coupleocachers »

Moonpie10 wrote:My appologies for not knowing how to hyperlink this:
Marc Moisan has shared his bookmark list of the 100 oldest caches - active and in active. It's an interesting list. Also if you look at any of the states oldest caches you will find a bookmark list of the oldest active state caches. These are the two lists that we look over before we travel anywhere just in case we happen to be with-in 1,000 miles :lol: of one of them. We certainy enjoy finding the old ones - may be because we are so lousy at puzzles!!

Shared First 100 caches
by Marc Moisan
To hyper link copy the url
paste into the comment thread
highlight the url right before font size and paste the link between <ur>http://weblink</url> just change the <> to []
We are now Mr. And Mrs. Coupleocachers and Proud parents of AmeliaGrace
Moonpie10
MGS Member

Post by Moonpie10 »

coupleocachers wrote:
Moonpie10 wrote:My appologies for not knowing how to hyperlink this:

Shared First 100 caches
by Marc Moisan
To hyper link copy the url
paste into the comment thread
highlight the url right before font size and paste the link between <ur>http://weblink</url> just change the <> to []

[/http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/vie ... 01f5677b57 Well it aint pretty but it works.
thanks