Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

What have I missed in the 1 1/4 years I've not cached?

General Chit-Chat.
TheWeatherWarrior
MGS Member

What have I missed in the 1 1/4 years I've not cached?

Post by TheWeatherWarrior »

As I try to slowly look again at the hobby, I'm finding a bit has changed. Some I'm not crazy about (as I see Groundspeak continues to make Geocaching a game of the rich).

Challenges DOA it would appear. Did something replace it.

What is Munzee?

Any new iPhone / iPad apps?

Are any of the other caching sites gaining ground on geocaching.com?

What other changes has there been to the game? And most importantly, what is your opinion of the changes (or lack of change in some cases).
jfigel
MGS Member

Re: What have I missed in the 1 1/4 years I've not cached?

Post by jfigel »

www.munzee.com

You need a smart phone. I use:

www.consumercellular.com

Hope this helps.

Jfigel.
TheWeatherWarrior
MGS Member

jfigel wrote:http://www.munzee.com

You need a smart phone. I use:

http://www.consumercellular.com

Hope this helps.

Jfigel.
Appreciate that...will check it out. Luckily I do have an iPhone (had to finally get one for business).
DCWarrior
MGS Member

Post by DCWarrior »

Hey there, just wanted to tell you publicly that I wasn't trying to call you out or anything like that with my post on geocaching.com's forum. I admit your comment on this post made me wonder the question I asked along with many others I've seen along the way that have the same opinion you have. I apologize if I offended you in any way. I meant nothing ill by it, I just have the honest question of why some feel that way. Still do.

Hopefully we can meet at some event or along the trails of CAM or something at some point.

Brian
TheWeatherWarrior
MGS Member

DCWarrior wrote:Hey there, just wanted to tell you publicly that I wasn't trying to call you out or anything like that with my post on geocaching.com's forum. I admit your comment on this post made me wonder the question I asked along with many others I've seen along the way that have the same opinion you have. I apologize if I offended you in any way. I meant nothing ill by it, I just have the honest question of why some feel that way. Still do.

Hopefully we can meet at some event or along the trails of CAM or something at some point.

Brian
Brian, no worries man. I knew you weren't. I post in each thread based on whats posted. There is only a couple people I have any issues with. In many ways, you posted there as I do. Posting on a curiosity, to the point, and without candy coating it. As you saw with my response....I don't either. I'm not a rainbows and unicorns poster. I don't have time to waste time on lots of lots of compliments, I stick with the issues, complaints, contradictions, etc, etc. That is how I learn, it is how I learn about others.

So its all good.