Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Snow caching: March 2013

General Chit-Chat.
TheWeatherWarrior
MGS Member

Snow caching: March 2013

Post by TheWeatherWarrior »

Looks like for some in the state/region we are about to see a significant snow event. So naturally, the question to ask here is....who's going out for some "snow caching"? I'll be out filming anyway, so I definitely will try and grab a cache.

If I get any pics, I'll share post event.
Sue-Cat
MGS Member

Re: Snow caching: March 2013

Post by Sue-Cat »

No way... I'll be waiting until the snow is gone! (Darn hard finding stuff under inches of snow.) :-)
Sue, Vinny & Sue Team
The9Searchers
Former MGS Officer

Post by The9Searchers »

Snow Caching? What's that? Here on the Eastern Shore we only know about Rain Caching. :-D
BethanyInWonderland
Former MGS Officer

Post by BethanyInWonderland »

I'm nearing the end of a year-long streak so I've cached in all kinds of weather, including 4% humidity and 110 degree temps in NV, Hurricane Sandy and plenty of snow and cold lately. I try to time my finds so they are within the 24-hour window, but safest weather-wise.
OhMelli
MGS Member

Post by OhMelli »

Thankfully snow-caching was not an option for me... unless I wanted to drive a distance to get to it! I COULD have gone out rain-caching today... but took the "long winter nap" route instead!!! Okay... I'm a winter weather wuss! But... SPRING is COMING!!! :-D
TheWeatherWarrior
MGS Member

Post by TheWeatherWarrior »

The9Searchers wrote:Snow Caching? What's that? Here on the Eastern Shore we only know about Rain Caching. :-D
Oh...come on...even I've been on the beach in snow ;-)

Well, the challenge (except for some in VA) ended up being much less than forecast. I ended up driving up to Frederick, MD but then back down US 15 (and some back roads) south of Leesburg. I was suppose to be busy filming, but I gave up (visuals were crappy) and decided to salvage the trip by caching.

What I attempted:

--Mt. Zion Remembered (DNF unforturnately)
--VA Wine Trail - Four Friends (Find)
--Counter Clockwise (Wrote Note) This one I just drove by and scoped out...it is a 4.5 x 4. I almost waded barefoot in cold creek water though, but in the end decided not to. I may have to return for this one...I need that for the difficulty grid.

Then once in Maryland (crossing at White's Ferry)
--Western Most. (Wrote Note) Had to stop by my Cache which has thankfully been adopted by OneTime454
--Well, Something is Out here (find) , but dang it...a nano out here...at least give us a small container ;-)
--On the Boundary (find)
--MML 2013 - Poolesville (Find)
--Maryland Muni. League GeoTrail - Poolesville (Find) I must have not done this one before...not sure why

Not a bad day for only caching since about 2pm & modest amount of snow.