Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Looking for someone to cache with...

General Chit-Chat.
crazydog2009
MGS Member

Looking for someone to cache with...

Post by crazydog2009 »

Hi I am new here and I'm not sure if this is the right place to post in, so please just let me know and I'll re-post in the right place. But I am looking for someone (preferably) a woman or a couple to go caching with near Thurmont Maryland, I live about 7 miles North of Thurmont near PA and Washington County. As my husband and friends don't really like geocaching.:( I almost always take geodog with me who is friendly and loves to hike. :) I have been caching on and off since 2010 and would really like to do more caching/hiking this year. I also live very close to the Appalachian trail as well. So if this sounds like something you would like please e-mail me at jennhill310@gmail.com Thanks! :smt006
BethanyInWonderland
Former MGS Officer

Re: Looking for someone to cache with...

Post by BethanyInWonderland »

Sent you an email; welcome to the area! :D
crazydog2009
MGS Member

Post by crazydog2009 »

Great! :D
Corfmania
Former MGS Officer

Post by Corfmania »

As a Thurmont area cacher, you are required to do this multi-cache.
crazydog2009
MGS Member

Post by crazydog2009 »

Wow! That one looks tough but fun! Will definitely try that one out. Are you from Thurmont?
lpyankeefan
MGS Officer

Post by lpyankeefan »

Corfmania wrote:As a Thurmont area cacher, you are required to do this multi-cache.
That's just wrong Steve! We don't want to scare the new cacher(s) away with requirements like that! :smt064

Although I was just speaking to a few people this past weekend about hosting an event at Stage One and then sitting there while everyone else hunts for this cache afterwards. I told 'em that I'd have the hibachi set up with steaks and sell drinks out of a cooler. Adult beverages possible upon request! I also told 'em that the price would go up each time that I saw them throughout the day! :hide1
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
crazydog2009
MGS Member

Post by crazydog2009 »

Lol not going to scare me away! I love a good hike. :)
lpyankeefan
MGS Officer

Post by lpyankeefan »

Oh! It's a good hike! 8O
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
crazydog2009
MGS Member

Post by crazydog2009 »

:doh:
BraxPack
MGS Member

Post by BraxPack »

:smt006 Sent you an email!
Sue-Cat
MGS Member

Post by Sue-Cat »

lpyankeefan wrote:
Corfmania wrote:As a Thurmont area cacher, you are required to do this multi-cache.
That's just wrong Steve! We don't want to scare the new cacher(s) away with requirements like that! :smt064

Although I was just speaking to a few people this past weekend about hosting an event at Stage One and then sitting there while everyone else hunts for this cache afterwards. I told 'em that I'd have the hibachi set up with steaks and sell drinks out of a cooler. Adult beverages possible upon request! I also told 'em that the price would go up each time that I saw them throughout the day! :hide1
Good one Larry! :lol:
Sue, Vinny & Sue Team
Snurt
MGS Director

Post by Snurt »

lpyankeefan wrote:

I was going to comment on how wrong that is LP - the spirit of mountaintop enterprise, but then I quickly remember how apt you are to lug huge TB's up mountains and heavy packs across canyons.
:smt004 And how many times would you see the seekers pass your hibachi? You might want to try my full size patio grille in your Gregory 65 backpack? :twisted:
tazscouter
MGS Officer

Post by tazscouter »

Sent you an email. Hope we can meet up for the trails.