Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

S.U.R.F.E.R. II

General Chit-Chat.
MotherWolf
MGS Member

S.U.R.F.E.R. II

Post by MotherWolf »

Is anyone doing this event in Delaware this Saturday? Visit 13 events in 12 hrs. The whole description wasn't real clear (at least to me). Wondering if you can only SL for that event on the hour it is listed for? Is this just a 1 day thing? Kinda like 13 M&G's. You don't have to do all of them but you can only do whatever ones you choose on the hour it is listed I guess.

Seems then that at least starting out there will be somewhat of a caravan of cars to the next location. Guess Ill find out sat.
littleblkdog
Former MGS Officer

Re: S.U.R.F.E.R. II

Post by littleblkdog »

I am pretty sure that I will be going. I thought I heard lpyankeefan was going to stop at a couple too. My understanding is that this is Sat only for Int'l Geocaching Day. Each event starts on the hour and lasts for 30 min. Then you move to the next event.

I made a bookmark list (http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/vie ... 092b48a5fc) of the events plus another few that I will maybe try to squeeze in. From my house I was planning on leaving at 4am to get started and be at the first event on time. That will definitely make for a long day, especially with the add-on caches I am considering. See you there.
tazscouter
MGS Officer

Post by tazscouter »

I am driving over with Brandy from the BraxPack. If LPYankeeFan's family decides to come home on Saturday, I am picking him up and hauling him to the events. We are going to hit all of them. See everyone on Saturday!
ksullivan
Former MGS Officer

Post by ksullivan »

I'm planning to attend! You can do as many or as few as you would like to do. I missed it last year, but heard it was fun!
OhMelli
MGS Member

Post by OhMelli »

THIS sounds like a ton of fun! I think I'm going to get up early and try to make all of them! Thanks for pointing this out!!! :D
littleblkdog
Former MGS Officer

Post by littleblkdog »

I just wanted to file a report from the weekend. I had a great time and I expect that the other MGS attendees did as well. Every event was well planned and in a nice location. Since this isn't to close to where I live there were plenty of caches just lying around waiting to be found. In addition to the 13 events, I bagged another 40 cache for a total of 53. That is a daily, non-geotrail record for me. I was working on the two multi-stage virtuals as well and finished both of them. Together they require 14 stages so that was a big endeavor as well. All in all I had a great time. You could turn this into a nice weekend if you wanted so that you wouldn't have to do a long drive to and from to make it a little easier. This will definitely be on the list of Events for next year.
MotherWolf
MGS Member

Post by MotherWolf »

OMG was this a blast. Starting with my caching partner mm52 up & ready to roll at 0500. I now know she can do it I guess Ill have to persist in getting her out at 0800 on our regular run days LOL

Well from there it just got funnier with each stop. A little history here (for those that dont know me I do all of my caches cords, a full map of locations, all notes for each & street names, turns & stats for each cache by hand.....yeah I know a bit weird.) Im not gonna say if this stuff is color coded though LOL......well I had a problem with my prep routine because I didn't have my pc. It died & the new 1 hadn't come yet. Doesn't seem like a real issue since mm52 always down loads everything right? WRONG!!! My entire routine is how I imprint & without that my brain is a blank (yes more than usual) during the entire caching trip. AS my partner discovered even on the simplest of LPC I had trouble finding the cache when I was looking under the correct cover. :lol: So we are on the rd for 14 hours & I am good for a laugh many times during the day.

Anyhow they total day was great. The Scrappler-ers did a great job as hosts, having a great theme for each stop, month, with surprises goodies at each stop & KISSES for everyone each time. Little competitions along the way, so square dancing, pie eating, a road rally for a couple of miles, a wedding celebration, some Halloween goodies, a visit to see Santa & ending with a GREAT dinner of hot dogs, baked beans & lemonade that was off the charts after all the running.

Topped off with a hand made token from the hosts & a path tag soon coming. Great company & terrific locations. Hats off to those that helped make it a super day. The weather was perfect, the stories we shared & new hilarious tales we created made the 255miles & 15 1/2 hours on the move well worth it all.

WE are already looking forward to next yrs event. Oh yeah we were also able to pick up a few caches along the way breaking our previous days finds with a grand total of 63 finds. Next yr will be the same day, International caching day I think is what the day was. If ya want a full day of fun with our neighbors come on out. We are already planning on going. :dance: :dance: :dance:
OhMelli
MGS Member

Post by OhMelli »

:lol: What MotherWolf said! :lol: I also had a FABULOUS time at this event! I came alone... leaving home at 2:30 in the am, and arriving about an hour early - but used the time well to pick up a couple of caches before the first event! I am NOT a speeeeedy cacher and did NOT set any records... nor did I try to. My goal had actually been to JUST attend the 13 events... but I did pick up several caches along the way during the day too. I also picked up a few DNFs ... :brick: :oops: Here and there along the way I ended up caching with other folks, and enjoyed that as well as just visiting with folks at the events! Each event WAS a blast! VERY well planned and just plain FUN! I certainly DO appreciate all the hard work put in to making these events the success that they were! Most likely I will attend again next year! :applause: