Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Anyone interested in hiking Cunningham SP on Columbus Day?

Plan your group hikes/get-togethers, discuss caches in need of TLC/adoption plus new & favorite caches, as well as park/geocacher relations.
nighthawk700
MGS Member

Anyone interested in hiking Cunningham SP on Columbus Day?

Post by nighthawk700 »

First off I have to say this is contingent on two things:

1) Weather. LPYankeeFan made it clear to me that these are not caches to do when the area is wet

2) Work status. Because of the way DOD called back a bulk of its workforce, I may actually have to work on Columbus Day. Senior Management is still trying to understand the full set of issues. That's my cue to keep my head out of the way and just wait to do what I'm told. :roll:

So with those caveats out of the way... what I would like to do on Monday, Oct 14th is get at least these two caches:
Well Rounded Maryland Cacher (The Fizzy Challenge): http://coord.info/GC16QQZ
Catz Eyes: http://coord.info/GCTJA6

And maybe some others along the Cat Rock trail (from the parking area on Foxville Road). I'm currently 8 away from a milestone, so the order might be jumbled up a bit so I have the well Rounded as 1900.

After those two, then maybe some more of the easier grabs around the area, and possibly the caches in Libertytown park. (I do have a late afternoon time constraint).

Anyway, this is the general idea of what I'd like to do if the initial constraints don't cause a problem. Would anyone else be interested in at least the hike on Cat Rock? I've never been in the park, but from the descriptions I've read, it seems a good place to hike with others.

Louis / Nighthawk700
littleblkdog
Former MGS Officer

Re: Anyone interested in hiking Cunningham SP on Columbus Da

Post by littleblkdog »

Louis,

I can't do the 14th but if you reschedule for weather or work, please be sure to let us know. I would be interested in the WRC. Thanks,

Phil