Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Distribution of past CAM caches by county

Discussion of CAM, the CAM caches, etc. NO SPOILERS PLEASE!
lpaulriddle
MGS Director

Distribution of past CAM caches by county

Post by lpaulriddle »

After staring at the latest red-and-white map from our esteemed President, I was curious about the breakdown of past CAM caches by county. Here's a list of each county, with the number of CAM hides the county has hosted to date..... maybe you could use this to predict which counties will turn green in 2017!

Garrett: 11
Baltimore, Washington: 10
Montgomery: 9
Allegany, Worcester: 8
Cecil, Charles, St. Mary's: 7
Frederick, Harford, Prince George's: 6
Carroll, Queen Anne's: 5
Kent: 4
Anne Arundel, Calvert, Howard: 3
Baltimore City, Caroline, Dorchester, Somerset, Talbot, Wicomico: 2
zekester
MGS Member

Re: Distribution of past CAM caches by county

Post by zekester »

This just begs for a challenge or puzzle cache. They probable both exist already, don't they?
Alzarius
MGS Director

Post by Alzarius »

zekester wrote:This just begs for a challenge or puzzle cache. They probable both exist already, don't they?
Oh dear, I don't know, that sounds like it might be in violation of the ‘Specific Lists’ challenge guideline. Might set off the magic cowbell at HQ.

But on a brighter note, i see Carroll County just turned green. :-D
MersonMonkeys
MGS Member

Post by MersonMonkeys »

Alzarius wrote:
zekester wrote:This just begs for a challenge or puzzle cache. They probable both exist already, don't they?
Oh dear, I don't know, that sounds like it might be in violation of the ‘Specific Lists’ challenge guideline. Might set off the magic cowbell at HQ.

But on a brighter note, i see Carroll County just turned green. :-D
Those are challenge cache rules but one could still do a mystery cache?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
lpaulriddle
MGS Director

Post by lpaulriddle »

Alzarius wrote:But on a brighter note, i see Carroll County just turned green. :-D
So... I'm guessing the goal here is to lure as many unsuspecting CAMmers as possible into the jaws of the Liberty ManBear, so as to cut down on the number of coins that need to be minted? :lol:
lpaulriddle
MGS Director

Post by lpaulriddle »

MersonMonkeys wrote:Those are challenge cache rules but one could still do a mystery cache?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
It might be fun to do a bonus puzzle/mystery cache each year that recycles the clues found inside the CAM caches, which otherwise become meaningless after the picnic. It could be hidden somewhere in or near the park where the picnic is held. Anyone who attends the picnic would get the coordinates. Afterward, it could serve as a "consolation prize" for anyone who is unable to complete CAM during the prescribed period, or wants to find the caches at their own pace, etc.

Paul
Alzarius
MGS Director

Post by Alzarius »

lpaulriddle wrote:
Alzarius wrote:But on a brighter note, i see Carroll County just turned green. :-D
So... I'm guessing the goal here is to lure as many unsuspecting CAMmers as possible into the jaws of the Liberty ManBear, so as to cut down on the number of coins that need to be minted? :lol:
Drats! You have uncovered my fiendish plot. :evil:
Alzarius
MGS Director

Post by Alzarius »

lpaulriddle wrote:It might be fun to do a bonus puzzle/mystery cache each year that recycles the clues found inside the CAM caches, which otherwise become meaningless after the picnic. It could be hidden somewhere in or near the park where the picnic is held. Anyone who attends the picnic would get the coordinates. Afterward, it could serve as a "consolation prize" for anyone who is unable to complete CAM during the prescribed period, or wants to find the caches at their own pace, etc.
Hmm, i like that idea. But tell me, what are these "puzzle caches" of which ye speak?