Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Need help for a friend

General Chit-Chat.
MotherWolf
MGS Member

Need help for a friend

Post by MotherWolf »

I have a friend in England that has tried to register on geocaching.com & says she gets blocked. Not sure exactly what the trouble is & Im not that tech savvy to help much. I asked my Face Book peeps but havent had much luck in getting her help.
Is there someone, or knows someone in England that could maybe help her? She lives west of London so maybe in a closer time zone than EST that would be able to communicate in a better time frame?
Any help would be great. Thanks.

Her name is Linda Nunn & is a FB friend so if you can help drop me a friend request, if we arent already friends on FB so you can reach out to her. Thanks again (Dalene Weiss)
Alzarius
MGS Director

Re: Need help for a friend

Post by Alzarius »

Do you know whether your friend is trying to register from work or from a public computer/wifi (library or cybercafe)? If so, tell her to try it from home. Not sure where I was, but i recall being blocked from geocaching.com on a public wifi connection once before.
MotherWolf
MGS Member

Post by MotherWolf »

she was at home. She said that the she had a note that she would be getting an email but it never came.
Im not real clear sometimes on her meaning because of some of the words she uses.....some of the terms she uses are very British if you know what I mean. I just didnt even know where to start with ideas. Also because of the time difference it sometimes takes a day or so for each chat back & forth. LOL
zekester
MGS Member

Post by zekester »

I recommend she contact these folks:

http://gagb.co.uk

There is likely someone in that organization who lives in the greater London area, and is will be able to get her going.