Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Wherigo CODE trouble ...???

Discussion of CAM, the CAM caches, etc. NO SPOILERS PLEASE!
Dazie62
MGS Member

Wherigo CODE trouble ...???

Post by Dazie62 »

Completed the Welcome to Sykesville , whereigo cache ...trying to enter the Unlock code I recieved and it keeps telling me "wrong code" ..anyone else have the same issue ?
bneeriemer
MGS Member

Re: Wherigo CODE trouble ...???

Post by bneeriemer »

I didn't have issues. Try turning the lock over. Maybe someone reversed it by accident.
Dazie62
MGS Member

Post by Dazie62 »

bneeriemer wrote:I didn't have issues. Try turning the lock over. Maybe someone reversed it by accident.
Thank you for reply ...but , misunderstanding my question ...I mean the lock code for the whereigo cartirage, when you finish a whereigo you get a code to enter ...I screen capped that on my phone after I finished the cache , but now to enter it , it tells me "wrong code" ....wondering why , and if others are having the same issue ...
Anyone ??
bneeriemer
MGS Member

Post by bneeriemer »

I used the WhereYouGo app on my Android, and didn't encounter a code to unlock.

Sorry, I couldn't help you more.
-Bill
Dazie62
MGS Member

Post by Dazie62 »

bneeriemer wrote:I used the WhereYouGo app on my Android, and didn't encounter a code to unlock.

Sorry, I couldn't help you more.
-Bill
Hmmm, odd then , I also used an android phone , and it was my first time to attempt a whereigo on my own. I have always been along with someone else when doing them and they gave me the code or entered it for me afterwards .. ...
..but again thanks for replying ( trying ) to help :)
..michelle
lpaulriddle
MGS Director

Post by lpaulriddle »

I didn't have problems with the CAM Wherigo, but have had this issue with a few cartridges in the past. If the code doesn't work, and you still have the cartridge on your phone, you can upload your saved game to unlock the cartridge (in lieu of entering the code). Here's a link to a blog article that explains how to do this on the iPhone:

http://thecachingbag.blogspot.com/2015/ ... layer.html

Can't say how this would work on Android, but maybe someone who's done this with the Android player could chime in.

Paul
angeloak
MGS Member

Post by angeloak »

The code that I received on my Android for Sykesville worked like a charm on the Whereigo website, but I understand that there are times that the code is too long and you need to leave off the final character for it to work. Also, in the code that I received for Sykesville, there was an o but no zeroes, and upper/lower case matters. Good luck!
Run&Hike
MGS Member

Post by Run&Hike »

We had the same problem initially entering the Unlock Code from Sykesville. I first tried to copy and paste it, then tried to type it in. Both failed. Finally, in frustration/inspiration, I copied it into Notepad, then copied and pasted from Notepad and it worked. Don't know why that worked unless Wherigo requires pure ASCII with no HTML. It's worth trying