Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

September 2017 Member Spotlight: Tinycacher70

Highlighting Maryland's finest cachers!
humphr1d
Former MGS Officer

September 2017 Member Spotlight: Tinycacher70

Post by humphr1d »

I have had the distinct pleasure of caching with this month's spotlight cacher, Tinycacher70, on several occasions. I met her before she decided on her geo-name shortly after Dillicache introduced her to geocaching. I always have fun caching with Tinycacher70 and her laugh is absolutely infectious. She frequently attends events throughout central Maryland with Dillicache and you can often find her working a cache or two on weekends. Let me introduce you to Tinycacher70.

Interview Date: September 1, 2017

Caching Name: Tinycacher70

1. How did you become involved in geocaching. When did you start?
I was introduced to geocaching when I started dating Shane Haase, Dillicache. He was excited about something called geocaching. He tried explaining it to me and then showed me how it works. After going along on a couple of planned days of geocaching and asking a lot of questions I finally caught the geocaching bug. I set up my membership on geocaching.com on November 23, 2014. I have been caching ever since!

2. How did you choose your caching name?
What a fun question! I wanted a unique geocaching name that fit me and would be memorable to others. One day Dillicache was listening to an Elton John song. The line about tiny dancer turned into tiny cacher and there it was, tinycacher 70 came to life.

3. How many caches have you found so far?
I have found so far 1,313 geocaches.

4. What brand/type of GPS do you use?
When I use a GPSr, use the Oregon 600. I prefer to use the apps on my phone.

5. What programs/software or hardware (PDA/laptop/phone) do you use to make caching easier?
I use the profiles, filters, and statistics that are available through geocaching.com. I also use Project Geocaching that my good friend Denise Humphrey, Humphr1d, has just recently introduce me to along with Geocaching Toolbox.com. I use my laptop at home and my phone where I can’t use my laptop.

6. What type of cache do you prefer seeking – traditional, multi, puzzle, virtual?
I would have to same I really enjoy traditional caches, I also enjoy multi-caches, as well as virtual caches. The mystery caches (a.k.a. puzzle caches) are another story. Sometimes the puzzles are difficult and then you end up over thinking the solution.

7. Which caches were the most challenging – physically/mentally? Why?
Honestly some caches are physically challenging. Hands down was The Evil Imp – A Nyte Cache, not only did I have to climb big boulders but I had to do it at night, so small feat for someone my height! Yes, this is a night cache!!

8. Do you have a favorite or favorites among the Maryland caches that you’ve found?
I have found several in Maryland that I enjoyed! I can’t think of just one at the moment.

9. Do you have a favorite in a nearby state?
A couple of my favorite virtual caches in nearby states are Virtual drivin’and located in New Jersey and Spook Hill located in New York.

10. What’s the most unusual thing that you’ve ever found in a cache?
For me would be the Ark of the Covenant from the Raiders of the Lost Cache. It was amazing how there it was in a cave just sitting there waiting to be found!

11. What are your current caching goals? Is there a certain cache that you can’t wait to do?
Right now my current caching goals are to visit as many caches as I can and fill in to complete most of my profile charts that I have set up for myself. I also enjoy meeting fellow geocachers and thoroughly enjoy sharing in the adventure. Currently I do not have a certain cache in mind but I do know of a trail I would love to do and that is the E.T. trail in Nevada. The E.T. Trail has over 1500 caches just waiting to be found out in the middle of nowhere, I can’t wait!

coupleocachers
Former MGS Officer

Re: September 2017 Member Spotlight: Tinycacher70

Post by coupleocachers »

Great write up. Hope to meet you on the trail one day. Maybe during CAM.
We are now Mr. And Mrs. Coupleocachers and Proud parents of AmeliaGrace