Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Anyone know HistoricalGourmet?

General Chit-Chat.
saberspark77
MGS Member

Anyone know HistoricalGourmet?

Post by saberspark77 »

A few months back, HistoricalGourmet went on a mission against a couple of caches I'm helping WVKiwi to maintain in Shepherdstown. He's since deleted the logs, and I'll refrain from being too critical here, but suffice it to say that his words and actions were contrary to the spirit of the game. At the time, I refrained from talking with him about it because I don't respond well to self-righteous acts that force me to fix what someone else breaks.

I've replaced https://coord.info/GC26DZC Shepherdstown Battlefield #1 twice already, and both times, shortly after the new container was found, it disappeared. These were brand new magnetic hide-a-keys that blended in well with the historical markers, and they're out in an area with pretty low traffic. Both Battlefield caches here have been left alone for over a decade, and suddenly this one is having repeated issues.

Now of course, I can't say for certain that HG is the one taking the containers, but signs certainly point that way. He indicated that he believes that Geocachers are contributing to "damage" to the area, but that's both very unlikely and really no excuse for unilaterally deciding that someone else's cache shouldn't exist there.

Does anyone here know him? I'm asking because I want to figure out a constructive way to solve this. Thanks in advance if anyone can help!