Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Caching the Rain GeoTrail Question

General Chit-Chat.
Chessie81
MGS Member

Post by Chessie81 »

Hi! I'm not one for posting on forums but I was wondering if anyone had completed the Caching the Rain GeoTrail and received their coin?
We completed the trail last weekend and loved it. We completed the online survey that evening and were surprised to find out that the coins would only be mailed to Montgomery County residents. Out of county residents are required to pick up the coins M-F from the Environmental Protection agency. However, you must make arrangements with the agency prior to picking up the coin. This information doesn't appear anywhere on the site or on the passport; only the survey monkey
So far we have heard nothing. I called Montgomery County 311 yesterday and left a message. The Environmental Protection Agency does not have a public number you must call 311 to reach them. Just wondering if anyone has any advice. Thanks!
gz1453
MGS Member

Re: Caching the Rain GeoTrail Question

Post by gz1453 »

After completing the online survey and submitting you should have been advised to contact them via email: DEP.geocaching@montgomerycountymd.gov. Just send them an email and let them know what day and approximate time you will pick it up. I got an email reply very quickly and picked it up without an issue.
eissak
Former MGS Officer

Post by eissak »

Here is a previous thread that announces the CTR trail: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8655

The phone number to contact the Montgomery County DEP for your coin is 240-777-7791.

If you don't think you can pick up your coin, I might be able to help you. :)
tazscouter
MGS Officer

Re: Caching the Rain GeoTrail Question

Post by tazscouter »

If you mail them a self addressed stamped envelope, they will mail your coin. LPYankeeFan was informed of this when he drove down to pick up our coins.

Hope this helps.