Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

Decoder Clue for GF

Discussion of CAM, the CAM caches, etc. NO SPOILERS PLEASE!
Driddy
MGS Member

Decoder Clue for GF

Post by Driddy »

I have all of the clues from the 10 caches but I can't make sense out of the directions on the decoder for GF. It is not clear to me what year is referenced by "Last two digits in the year". When I look at the clue that was at the cache and also when I search on the clue, it is not at all clear what year is reference. Would it be possible for the Officers to clarify the clue? I apologize if I am missing something really obvious but I am really perplexed by this.
BethanyInWonderland
Former MGS Officer

Re: Decoder Clue for GF

Post by BethanyInWonderland »

It is the year that this first happened (which was a first in Maryland, as also in the Country).

Let's say it was 1976 (which it wasn't, but I'm using it as an example since we know we had currency for a long time before that date in America), then the last two digits are 7 & 6. However, F is the last digit and G is the second to last, so GF = 67 - in THIS case, not necessarily for the real decoder.
BethanyInWonderland
Former MGS Officer

Post by BethanyInWonderland »

Another tip - when you find a website that has a lot of information about Maryland Firsts, please use it! I didn't want to list it on the decoder directly for fear of copyright issues.

You can also email me directly for help at BethanyInWonderlandGC@gmail.com
zekester
MGS Member

Post by zekester »

What is GF?
eissak
Former MGS Officer

Post by eissak »

This was regarding the decoder for CAM.