Forum software has been updated!
  • If you subscribed to Digests, click your name on the top right, then User Control Panel, then Digests tab and resubscribe.

General Chit-Chat.
pingman326
MGS Member

Post by pingman326 »

Hi, my name is Steve. I am new to geocaching.
lpyankeefan
MGS Officer

Re: New Member

Post by lpyankeefan »

Hi there Steve.

Welcome to geocaching and the Maryland Geocaching Society. Any questions that you'd like to ask?

LPYankeeFan
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
tazscouter
MGS Officer

Post by tazscouter »

Where abouts do you live? My suggestion would be to attend an event and meet other local cachers in your area.

If you are on facebook, join the Maryland Geocaching Society page.

How did you get started in geocaching?

Cindy Shafer
tazscouter
cooley1103
Former MGS Officer

Post by cooley1103 »

I see that you're from Edgewater. Unfortunately there is not a lot of recurring local events in the Annapolis area.

However, there is an MGS event coming up on December 5th in Arbutus (approx. 40-45 minute drive). Its our annual Holiday Swap, where we get together, eat, joke, laugh and play some Dirty Santa/White Elephant/Gift Exchange. Its one of the most fun events of the year for us.

Maryland Geocaching Society Holiday Swap 2015
pingman326
MGS Member

Post by pingman326 »

Thank you everyone, please keep me in the loop for any upcoming events.
pingman326
MGS Member

Post by pingman326 »

Is it Worth it to upgrade my membership? Almost all the cashes by me are grayed out.
Driddy
MGS Member

Post by Driddy »

1. An easy way to stay apprised of club events is to monitor the upcoming events list on the front page of this website.

2. My sense is that most regular cachers are Premium members of gc.com. Personally I would be very frustrated by not being able to see all of the caches in a given area of interest and by not having access to other functions that I take for granted, such as downloading pocket queries and generating "caches along a route". I am also a GSAK enthusiast and a premium membership is necessary to take full advantage of that program's capabilities. You may wish to refer to Groundspeak's FAQ on the topic http://support.groundspeak.com/index.ph ... age&id=175