It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:40 pm 
MGS Member

Well its been a month since I stopped by. Seems Ive turned into a real Grinch but here goes. 1st off Im having a blast doing the Hunt For Mary Hyde Quest. Got me out to do some serious caching at some new places, Sharpsburg & Shepherdstown, I didnt see any ghost :( but I didnt get my for life Senior National Park Pass. WhoopWhoop!!! I will be going back to those areas for some more caching, maybe for something Ill need for this Quest, or not. So that has been great however............heres the issue this time:
Trackables listed in inventory that arent there.......... :brick: :brick: :brick:

I sat & intentionally looked for caches that had Trackables listed so I could find 1, retrieve & drop off for the gold coins to help my fellow pirates out. 1st off it was hard to find a cache with anything but I found 3 caches. Total of 8 TB's (4,2 & 2) 1/2 of them dropped within the last 2 1/2 wks. Well I made the run. 1st cache should have 4.......well none were there. (when I logged my cache find I went back through to see when they were dropped & if there was any log showing exchange or took etc.....nothing). 2nd cache.....1TB (thank you, thank you) but the other was missing...Same story as with the 1st cache. No log at all about anyone picking up a TB or trading etc. Though I didnt NEED another I stopped at the 3rd cache because it was also a nice location. Well guess what....NO TB's & you got it.....no log from anyone admitting they grabbed the TB's...

WT* is wrong with people? Are folks just stealing them? :shame: Are they grabbing them then just not :doh: logging them? Are they logging that they dropped it so it isnt in their name any more & not actually leaving them? :talkhand: It makes me crazy. If you are going to play the game at least have some class & be honest about your logs. :liar:

I at least did get 1 TB out of 8 so I met that goal but there are still 7 other TB's out there somewhere that are on these inventories not in them.

***Just a side note for CO....help by checking when you get your notice of a post when a TB isnt in a cache go back to that cache page & check the previous logs. If it seems like it has been been missing for awhile post a MIA for that TB so the owner knows. It helps & also gets it out of that inventory. If it surfaces later it will get back in action when its logged.

OK IM done.............I am having fun doing this Quest though. MW

Last edited by MotherWolf on Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:36 pm 
MGS Member

While there certainly are "bad apples" out there, sometimes trackables can go missing despite no ill intent. Personal anecdote: a few years back, I found PUC 8 with my kids (who needs amusement parks when you have extreme caches? :wink: ). Several weeks later, I was going through my then-9-year-old's room, and I found a path tag. He had taken it out of the cache, and I hadn't noticed. Yes, he got a subsequent lecture about trading even or up. But what if it were a trackable, and what if I had never gone through his room? It's just one of the many ways TBs can go missing. For that reason, I tend to avoid dropping TBs in caches with a lot of other swag, or caches frequented by young children. Very easy for them (the TBs, not the kids :D ) to get mistakenly taken or swapped out for other trinkets, with no one the wiser.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:33 pm 
MGS Member

I understand & I agree that I think we have all had a time or 2 that we grabbed a TB & then it got misplaced. 2 yrs ago I had a coin that I set aside to log. I then moved it with some of my caching stuff. We were packing to move & I think it got scooped up in my stuff that was packed & put in storage for 3 months. I sent a note to the owner (I went through my trackables list & found it so I had the owners name) I sent a note apologizing & as soon as we got unpacked I would get it on its way. Well I had to send 2 more apologies because as of today I still have not found it. I am certain it is here but I havent located it yet. So I hear what you are saying.
I also know sh** happens. Animals rip apart caches, storms re locate caches, grounds crew find them & dont know what they are etc. It just is frustrating when you go the distance to specifically pick up a TB & not just that 1 but NONE of them are in the caches.
Its just 1 of those things that happens. Some folks just dont always play by the same guidelines...written or moral. Thanks for letting me vent.

PS I did get a real nice note from 1 of the TB owners that I sent a note to that their TB's werent in the caches they are listed as in. We all know stuff goes rouge :lol: