It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 11:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:02 pm 
Offline
MGS Officer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:03 pm
Posts: 61
Location: Abingdon, MD
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 21 times
As the new PR guy for the MSG, I'd like to encourage attendance at this year's GeoWoodstock. Who's going to Cincinnati this year for the first USA GIGA Event? I think it would be great if we could get together as a Maryland Collective at some point during the event. Originally I thought it would be great to arrange a "Party Bus" to take us to the event, and then I realized that many folks will be going early and/or leaving late. My wife (Wizard's Mom) and I will now be flying to Cincinnati on Wednesday the 23rd and returning on Sunday, May 27th. I'd like to collect information about who's going, when they're traveling, and if they're staying overnight, where they're staying. Maybe we can get together at a central location for a "Micro Event" prior to the GeoWoodstock.

_________________
Al Woltz (AKA: FatBaldOldMan or FBOM)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:06 pm 
Offline
MGS Officer

Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:47 pm
Posts: 292
Has thanked: 224 times
Been thanked: 154 times
I’ll be there but my travel schedule hasn’t firmed up yet. Traditionally we get together as a group for a picture at the sign on the day of the event.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:02 am 
Offline
MGS Member

Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 12:17 pm
Posts: 51
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 6 times
I'll be there...likely on crutches, so not sure of exact plans, though we have a reservation in KY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:34 pm 
Offline
MGS Officer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:03 pm
Posts: 61
Location: Abingdon, MD
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 21 times
WJ family wrote:
I'll be there...likely on crutches, so not sure of exact plans, though we have a reservation in KY


We have reservations in Kentucky as well at the Comfort Suites Riverside in Newport. So sorry to hear about you having to travel with "crutches". I hope that won't preclude you from caching around a bit. FWIW - My wife is a wheelchair user. This will be our first time flying since she become a full-time wheelchair user.

_________________
Al Woltz (AKA: FatBaldOldMan or FBOM)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:38 pm 
Offline
MGS Officer

Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:14 pm
Posts: 23
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 13 times
We will be there most likely driving in on Tuesday. We are still working on where we are staying. We can meet up on Sat just keep us posted.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:46 am 
Offline
MGS Member

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:19 pm
Posts: 54
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 15 times
I'll be there. We'll be on vacation following woodstock, so the only definite plan so far is to show up and sign the logbook.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:03 pm 
Offline
MGS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:10 am
Posts: 77
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 46 times
I'll be there!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:28 pm 
Offline
MGS Member

Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:43 pm
Posts: 5
Location: Hagerstown
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
FatBaldOldMan wrote:
As the new PR guy for the MSG, I'd like to encourage attendance at this year's GeoWoodstock. Who's going to Cincinnati this year for the first USA GIGA Event? I think it would be great if we could get together as a Maryland Collective at some point during the event. Originally I thought it would be great to arrange a "Party Bus" to take us to the event, and then I realized that many folks will be going early and/or leaving late. My wife (Wizard's Mom) and I will now be flying to Cincinnati on Wednesday the 23rd and returning on Sunday, May 27th. I'd like to collect information about who's going, when they're traveling, and if they're staying overnight, where they're staying. Maybe we can get together at a central location for a "Micro Event" prior to the GeoWoodstock.


Were going!! Would love to meet other Maryland folks there!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:00 pm 
Offline
MGS Officer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:03 pm
Posts: 61
Location: Abingdon, MD
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 21 times
whatsoverthere wrote:
Were going!! Would love to meet other Maryland folks there!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


GREAT! When are you going? Are you flying or driving? Will you be staying more than just the day? Have you been to a Geowoodstock before? I haven't, so I'm learning as we move forward.

I suspect that we'll be having an MGS picture opportunity at some point on the 26th. We'll announce that time and place later.

_________________
Al Woltz (AKA: FatBaldOldMan or FBOM)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:02 pm 
Offline
MGS Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:38 pm
Posts: 11
Location: maryland
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times
We (candybear118 , Brydd364 and myself anitajforever ) are going,already have a hotel reserv in Cincinnati not sure on when we are going or coming back still firmming things up


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:28 pm 
Offline
MGS Officer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:03 pm
Posts: 61
Location: Abingdon, MD
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 21 times
Now we're cooking! Can't wait for the GIGA!!

_________________
Al Woltz (AKA: FatBaldOldMan or FBOM)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:40 pm 
Offline
MGS Member

Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:43 pm
Posts: 5
Location: Hagerstown
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
FatBaldOldMan wrote:
whatsoverthere wrote:
Were going!! Would love to meet other Maryland folks there!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


GREAT! When are you going? Are you flying or driving? Will you be staying more than just the day? Have you been to a Geowoodstock before? I haven't, so I'm learning as we move forward.

I suspect that we'll be having an MGS picture opportunity at some point on the 26th. We'll announce that time and place later.


Planning on being there at least 2 days before.:-) Haven’t decided about driving or flying yet. Leaning toward flying there and driving back. :-)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:59 pm 
Offline
MGS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:52 pm
Posts: 22
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 1 time
We are driving and staying in Cincinnati. Planning on getting there late Tuesday and leaving Monday. This will be our fourth Geowoodstock. Our event pathtags has been approved and we are counting down the days. We would love to attend any MD event that is planned.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:51 pm 
Offline
Former MGS Officer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:00 am
Posts: 2460
Location: Waldorf, MD
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 30 times
We're planning to drive out. Not sure about timing yet, still trying to figure out if dbzdude wants and can come with us (he graduates HS the following week so we're not sure if we have to work around any of that important pre-graduation stuff or not).

_________________
We are now Mr. And Mrs. Coupleocachers and Proud parents of AmeliaGrace
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:40 pm 
Offline
MGS Officer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:03 pm
Posts: 61
Location: Abingdon, MD
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 21 times
KennedyCachers wrote:
We are driving and staying in Cincinnati. Planning on getting there late Tuesday and leaving Monday. This will be our fourth Geowoodstock. Our event pathtags has been approved and we are counting down the days. We would love to attend any MD event that is planned.


Sounds like we have a party beginning to form! I've never been to a GeoWoodstock, though I almost attended the original Woodstock (yes, I'm that old).
I'm trying to set up a good time to have a picture (or two) taken at the entrance sign. I'll analyze the schedule to select an appropriate time, and I'll post the time here a little later.
My PathTag is also in production. Here's what it looks like.


Attachments:
File comment: Version 4 of the Tag.
GeoWoodstock XVI(3).jpeg
GeoWoodstock XVI(3).jpeg [ 255.63 KiB | Viewed 1000 times ]

_________________
Al Woltz (AKA: FatBaldOldMan or FBOM)
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:42 pm 
Offline
MGS Officer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:03 pm
Posts: 61
Location: Abingdon, MD
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 21 times
coupleocachers wrote:
We're planning to drive out. Not sure about timing yet, still trying to figure out if dbzdude wants and can come with us (he graduates HS the following week so we're not sure if we have to work around any of that important pre-graduation stuff or not).


Is AmeliaGrace going to attend?

_________________
Al Woltz (AKA: FatBaldOldMan or FBOM)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:48 pm 
Offline
Former MGS Officer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:00 am
Posts: 2460
Location: Waldorf, MD
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 30 times
FatBaldOldMan wrote:
coupleocachers wrote:
We're planning to drive out. Not sure about timing yet, still trying to figure out if dbzdude wants and can come with us (he graduates HS the following week so we're not sure if we have to work around any of that important pre-graduation stuff or not).


Is AmeliaGrace going to attend?
I think we'd get in trouble if we left her at home, lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

_________________
We are now Mr. And Mrs. Coupleocachers and Proud parents of AmeliaGrace
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:42 am 
Offline
MGS Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:17 pm
Posts: 4
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Ddubz1 & I are flying in on Thursday & leaving Monday morning.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:20 am 
Offline
MGS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:59 pm
Posts: 6
Location: Ashburn, VA
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 1 time
My wife and I will be driving over on Thursday and leaving on Sunday to go to Dublin/Columbus (where we lived over 20 years ago and this will be the first time back there!).


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:17 pm 
Offline
MGS Officer

Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 12:00 am
Posts: 1591
Location: Fair Hill MD
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 5 times
FatBaldOldMan wrote:
As the new PR guy for the MSG, I'd like to encourage attendance at this year's GeoWoodstock. Who's going to Cincinnati this year for the first USA GIGA Event? I think it would be great if we could get together as a Maryland Collective at some point during the event. Originally I thought it would be great to arrange a "Party Bus" to take us to the event, and then I realized that many folks will be going early and/or leaving late. My wife (Wizard's Mom) and I will now be flying to Cincinnati on Wednesday the 23rd and returning on Sunday, May 27th. I'd like to collect information about who's going, when they're traveling, and if they're staying overnight, where they're staying. Maybe we can get together at a central location for a "Micro Event" prior to the GeoWoodstock.
Im going early and staying with family over in Kentucky.. I'll be working add helping out with registration and the Middle Tennessee Geocachers club I belong to. But if anyone sees me, feel free to visit! Let me know what'd you like to see happen in the MGS!

Stacy Hindt
Cody Hollow Farm
MGS VP '18

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

_________________
Stacy
Always caching, always searching....
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group