Welcome to the homepage of the Maryland Geocaching Society.
The 2017 MGS Fall Picnic and Campout in Hancock, MD, will soon be upon us, so if you haven’t yet posted your will-attend or signed up on the Volunteer and Food List, please do so! In addition to the main picnic event on Saturday, October 14th, five other local events have been scheduled over the weekend:
• Early Bird Party on the Deck – Friday the 13th (6–8pm)
• 2017 MGS Fall Picnic – Saturday the 14th (10am–4pm)
• Friends ’Round the Campfire – Saturday the 14th (8–9.30pm)
• Sunday Morning Breakfast – Sunday the 15th (8–9am)
• WMRT and C&O Canal CITO – Sunday the 15th (Noon–1pm)
• A Bloody Brunch on the Deck – Sunday the 15th (1.15–2.30pm)
Saturday’s picnic will be held in Kirkwood Park, and we’ll be in Widmyer Park for the campout on Friday and Saturday nights. Mid-October is a wonderful time of year to visit Western Maryland, and we hope you’ll join us for one of the most enjoyable MGS events of the year.
CALLING ALL GRILLS!
If you have access to a grill you’d willing and able to transport to the picnic, please contact alzarius. The pavilion we used last year caught fire, and the park couldn’t guarantee it would be repaired in time for this year’s picnic. As far as we are aware, the new pavilion does not yet have grills installed. We can make this a “non-grillable items only” picnic if we need to, but we should make that call asap before people start buying burgers and dogs. We will announce a decision on Sunday the 8th, so if you can help out, please contact us before then.