You have reached the homepage of the Maryland Geocaching Society (MGS). The purpose of our organization is to promote the sport of geocaching in Maryland by communicating with state and local parks, law enforcement, etc., and to provide information to the public about our activities and the sport of geocaching…. and you don’t need to be a Maryland resident to join!
Please spend some time on our site and in our forums. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us!
The Maryland Geocaching Society (MGS) is a 501 (c) (7) non-profit volunteer organization. Our Aim is to be the premier advocate for geocaching activities in the State of Maryland. Our Mission is to Foster and Nurture the pursuit of Geocaching throughout the State. To fulfill this mission, the MGS and its members are committed to the following Values:
– The MGS is a statewide out-of-doors family. Our community is our state, our mid-Atlantic region and each other. This community comprises not only Society members but all Marylanders as well.
– We recognize and maintain positive associations with regional, national and worldwide geocaching communities.
– The MGS espouses wholesome and open interactions with all Marylanders, and specifically with land managers and law enforcement. Incumbent upon Us is the responsible use and care for the physical environment.
– Because social responsibility arises from an organized community, MGS members are expected to be professional, to be role models, and to be community pillars, according respect both to the public and with each other.
– Since 2002 the Society has fostered fruitful on-going relationships with an imposing array of park, forest, preserve, waterways and trust officials; built bridges to historic, geographic, cultural and public relations interests; and pioneered the Geotrail concept.
– MGS members are the core stakeholders for inspiring belief and confidence in our Society and our Mission. They are the foremost advocates for Geocaching in State of Maryland.